Sethy baby, I need your help.....

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by systempimp_1500, Sep 5, 2003.

1. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

this is gonna get moved, but I dont care. It needs to be seen because I'm an important individual to each one of you......

Ok....soo.......here's the deal.

I will soon be getting a new exhaust for my truck. I dont want anything like super

hugely sonic boom loud like the hicks all have. I just want something loud, yes, but

really just nice and deep. Something to at least make my truck sound a little

powerful.

I've heard good things about gibson, but wanted your opinion.

I just want the lowest I can get, and I really really dont want flowmaster or

dynamax, or anything that resembles the fosgate of exhaust systems.

Im not worried about price. It's a 3.0 liter v-6 ranger by the way.

Jeff

2. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I hate loud aftermarket exhausts.

3. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

besides, dont all exhausts have the same sq if they're not running clipped? :p

4. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Borla=very nice

If ya want I can check on a price for you at work tomorrow. Just give me specifics (year, make, model, etc.)

5. systempimp_1500

nice.......

it's a 92 3.0 liter v-6 ranger XLT

I dont care if it's dualed out or not. It'd be nice to have it look symetrical though.

but eh......

Everyone else is saying that borla sounds awesome, so I think I will go with that.

Again, price is no problem. Just......eh.........

Keep it as low as you can please ;)

Jeff

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

While you're looking up prices...do you mind looking how the cost on a Borla exhaust for a 2000 Nissan Xterra? I've toyed around with the idea of an exhaust, but i want something that sounds nearly stock. My car isn't exactly the strongest in the world, and i don't want to make it seem that way (or make it sound worse than it does).

I'm also open to suggestions for exhaust systems that will improve performance somewhat that are quiet.

Sorry to jack your thread, but it's related :). Mods can create a new thread if they want.

7. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

You might be able to find some information here Blkx.

Nissan Forums

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Chris, Talk to the guys at 'Merican Muffler out behind Crown Honda. They do great work, really cheap. Ask for Brian, tell him I sent you. He has done work on my Nat and I highly reccomend him

Jeff, Borla, Supertrapp and Flowmaster. Flowmaster is like the RF of a few years ago, big, but not too big for their britches. Borla is up there too, but Supertrapp are tuneable mufflers. Really a killer sound and you can adjust it to suit your needs.

9. systempimp_1500

Thank you sethy you just made my day!!!! :D

By the way, do you have any A7hc's laying around from a while back? I have

a friend who wants one........

and you're the only reputable one that I know.....

Jeff

10. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Excellent, thanks Seth.

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Jeff, I don't right now. But I have gotten a few requests for Cadence and will be working with a new distributor soon. I'll let everyone know when I am up and running.

12. systempimp_1500

Awesome. No rush.......I just really dont wanna have to go with the abahn A2300HC ;)

Where can I find supertrapp exhaust's for the cheapest? And what should I look for

as far as installation and having the right accessories goes?

Jeff

13. systempimp_1500

Ok I KNOW I'm not really having to bump a post on CAT...........

Jeff