Seth, you will respect me!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by flawlesskid, Apr 6, 2003.

1. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Yep, thats it. The pain is coming mr. adire man! You will respect me, and you will respect my mb quarts.

:blink: B) :unsure: ;)

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Uhoh, the pain train's comin....

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Where's the yawn smiley?

Bring it on Biotch :lol:

Man, I got your goat didn't I? Those bright ass, no midbass havin', POS, sound quality lacking MBPukes have no chance...

C'mon.... I'm waiting for you. (of course with MBQs, I'll be waiting a long ass time for you to catch up with my no namers :lol: :lol: :lol:)

4. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

LOL, Seth, tell me you are joking before i reply to those comments...

5. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

yes, i like this kind of talk.....

Will my midbass match that of the kodas? no sir, not a chance. Will my tweets be as laid back as the koda's? no sir, and i dont like my shiat too laid back, thats why i strayed away from the idea of getting koda's. they're just not my type of comps. But, back to the midbass. Keep this in mind my friend, my quarts dont have to keep up with a brahma. With that said, they'll be more than adequate i assure you to keep up with the sub i'll be using wether it be the idq or the e12k. YES, talk shiat my friend. Talk a ton. Can't say i think i'll change your opinion on anything, but i assure that my setup wont be anything you just described above, and i'll put my last dollar on that.

GET READY, ITS COMING!!!!!!!!! :angry: :unsure:

And oh yeah, there's more to SQ than smooth accurate tweets and midbass. theres a middle ground my friend. and thats what made me stray from the koda's.

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

:blink: :ph34r:

7. trifle

trifle Full Member

LMAooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I told Nick about this and he laughed. He said "MBSucks? Buuahahahaha... Uhhh, no. I can hear it now (imitates harsh tweeter) Tssss, Tssss, Tssss, Screach".

Those are not my words, but they are as close as I could come to his EXACT words.

Just his 2 cents. :lol:

9. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I'm curious as to how many MBQ installs you've ever heard??? I've only heard 2, and i as well didn't care for the tweeter too much, but the midbass was amazing in one of the installs. Courtney knows what kind of tweeters I like, and if he believes he can go against what most people believe MBQ tweets sound like, then i'm all for giving him the chance to prove me wrong :).

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

SEVERAL Chris. SEVERAL. I know quite a few guys local here, and knew several in Cali that swore by MBQs, RF and Alpine HUs. I've never been a big fan of any of them, but have heard alot. While I just don't like MBQ tweets, or the RF gear, I really feel that Alpine just is overpriced. I do like the Alpine gear, but I feel you can get more for less money. I figure I should differenciate the reasons why.

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Oh, and to each his own... I don't want to sound like I'm bashing his preferance. Me and Cort were on the phone bagging the other day. We're just messin here ;)

12. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

I have noticed a lot of tweaking must be presence to obtain a smooth and ample mid-bass(range) supply out of the MB's. All the tweaking it took to get the most out of them indicates to me that they have some weaknesses. The less tweaking in my mind means a 'stronger' speaker.

I have the refrence line and shall be getting some Focals as soon as i pull a couple grand out ma-ass. Anyways, i like the metal cutting ability of the tweats. I listen to a lot of heavy metal, and the 'smooth transparent cellophane-like sound' just means jack shit to me.

:ph34r:

13. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

hey seth, not the one to bash, but man, i wasn't impressed at all by any aspect of Nicks setup. Of course you know i love his subs, but there wasn't any sound quality to speak about there. So, with that said, his opinion on SQ and MB quart speakers really dont move me. I think you're in for a suprise with these particular tweets. Its a lil secret i'll keep to myself till you hear them. I assure you, this wont be what you're expecting. 1 more thing mr. seth. I'm sure chris will roll with me on this. I recall you raving about those cadence speakers you had in the nat, and funny thing is, there's a night and day difference between them and the koda's. I mean, not just the quality of the speaker, but the overall sound of them. Its a completely different type of sound from the two sets. So, what really is your cup of tea there bro?

14. trifle

trifle Full Member

LMAooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

o crap....this is like...i dunno...yeah, i'll just leave it to the conversations that they came from

but yes, the cadence comps..

15. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

um.... So your going to have rough sounding inaccurate tweets and midbass and its going to be directed towards SQ? :huh:

I DESPISE MB quart tweets over so many other brands.

16. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

um.... So your going to have rough sounding inaccurate tweets and midbass and its going to be directed towards SQ? :huh:

I DESPISE MB quart tweets over so many other brands.[/b][/quote]
    Um, i dont have rough sounding inaccurate tweets and midbass. Since this post was made, seth has heard my comp set, and it was nothing like you or him has described, his only issue was that the tweet was a bit bright for his taste, and i have a good amount of distance between mid and tweet. OH, and anybody that knows anything will tell you that inacurate and mb quart tweets dont even fit in the same paragraph. They are very accurate tweets, but many complain that they are too bright. When i made the statement you quoted, i wasn't saying that i prefered an adequate midrange over smooth tweets and strong midbass. I was stating that there is more to it than those two elements. I was stating that those two elements alone aren't the only elements that define SQ. I feel those 2 elements make up the strong points of the kodas. The midrange isn't my taste.

I have no issues with you despising mb quart tweets. Many people do. I'm not one of those people. They are right on point with what i like. But their track record for quality and winning in the lanes tells me they deserve to not be trashed. They just aren't for everybody. Thats why i hound seth about it. He usually trashes them, and i'm out to prove them worthy of the respect i feel they've earned over the years. But, tis all in good fun and friendly competition for me and him.

17. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

No No.... I was QUOTING YOU! Seth was saying how smooth and accurate the tweets and midbass are on his kodas , and you said there is more to SQ than smooth and accurate tweets and midbass. That sounds like your saying the MBQ's wont have smoth and accurate tweets and midbass. Thats all I was saying there.

Yea, Ive heard every one of MBQ's lines and I just do not like the tweets. They have an impedance peak that causes some upper frequency peaks. You have to beat that sucker down with a zoebelor a notch filter until its acceptable.

18. trifle

trifle Full Member

what about a simple resistor?

19. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

My tweets are a little bright. How would a small resister in series with the tweeter affect my crossover?

20. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

perhaps a coil (inductor) is what was meant...that would cause a rolloff of the high freqs.

:ph34r: