seth, ha

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Krelkor, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

your kodas have tinsle slap?
    mine do
    heh

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Nope... You don't suspect that you are overexcurting them do you? You do use alot of power on them, maybe you are just slightly overdriving them. Mine are seeing ~100 set with a -3Db tone (2:1 ratio) so figure they are seeing a bit more thermally. The enclosure encompasses the pod, and the door pull (raised armrest) from front to rear, so they are big enough to be IB, essencially... definately large sealed. While it is possible, mine don't exhibit slap... and mine are pushing the reccomended enclosure/power combo I would say...

3. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

well steve.... when you boost 60 Hz and dump 200 watts into a 6.5" driver with over 10mm of excursion.... you might expect such a thing.

I can boost 40 hz, and hook my focals up to my A7HC and Im sure they will bottom out..... that dosent mean there is something wrong.

4. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

bah to all of you
    yall fly down here and ill show you a bad case of slappin

5. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Methinks this is a grand conspiracy by Krelky to allow/justify the purchase of the ED midbass (or comps...) that Ben talked about the other day on SI.n...methinks... :D

:yes:

6. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

SHHHHHHHHHH :ss:

7. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

well so much for secrets. I only told 1 person about those too :lol:

Jeff

8. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Secrets? I read that in a thread on SI.n, along with a few thousand other si.n'ers. AND, it was from the horses mouth, not some gossip geek. I'm not important enough to get inside info from anyone.

I did hear, from the CEO, that Boss was coming out with a new sub, though...68 mm of xmax, ruler flat BL/KMS curves, and 20Kw power handling. You only need a 1 cubic foot box for the 15, too. Amazing stuff those engineers produce over there.

Jeff> :kiss: <Krelkor
    ?
    :D

9. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

Secrets? I read that in a thread on SI.n, along with a few thousand other si.n'ers. AND, it was from the horses mouth, not some gossip geek. I'm not important enough to get inside info from anyone.

I did hear, from the CEO, that Boss was coming out with a new sub, though...68 mm of xmax, ruler flat BL/KMS curves, and 20Kw power handling. You only need a 1 cubic foot box for the 15, too. Amazing stuff those engineers produce over there.

Jeff> :kiss: <Krelkor
    ?
    :D [/b][/quote]
    I was told about this a while before the thread on SIN.

Exnay on the Krekornay :blink: :unsure: :p

Jeff

10. trifle

trifle Full Member

ed midbass n comps are nothing new....maybe more finalized versions, but there has been talk of these, and i've spoke with ben a long time ago about them...

i'm sure there have been more finalizations since then though