Security Error, 17 Member Profiles Effected

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Nov 18, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Some How some Way a Certin Forum Member got access to the ModCP where they should have have, this has caused them to be able to edit member Profiles

Below is the List of Profiles he edited over the last 3 days,

Sorry I did not catch this sooner, I normally monitor the log files closly, must I been asleep .

Like I have told everyone before, nothing can get by me, every action the mods take is recored, so how this person thought he would not get cought I dont know

Edited Profile for: PointSource Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 08:49
    Edited Profile for: sandt38 Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 06:39 PM
    Edited Profile for: Bowers805 Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 04:25 PM
    Edited Profile for: Steven Kephart Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 03:39 AM
    Edited Profile for: Steven Kephart Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 03:39 AM
    Edited Profile for: Steven Kephart Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 03:38 AM
    Edited Profile for: Hazard269 Via Moderators CP Nov 18 2003, 02:34 AM
    Edited Profile for: systempimp_1500 Via Moderators CP Nov 17 2003,
    Edited Profile for: Derek Via Moderators CP Nov 17 2003, 03:53 AM
    Edited Profile for: nismo Via Moderators CP Nov 17 2003, 02:51 AM
    Edited Profile for: nismo Via Moderators CP Nov 17 2003, 02:50 AM
    Edited Profile for: bassfreak Via Moderators CP Nov 17 2003, 02:50 AM
    Edited Profile for: mustatang Via Moderators CP Nov 17 2003, 01:59 AM
    Edited Profile for: nismo Via Moderators CP Nov 16 2003, 05:44 PM
    Edited Profile for: Derek Via Moderators CP Nov 16 2003, 04:28 PM
    Edited Profile for: Derek Via Moderators CP Nov 16 2003, 04:28 PM
    Edited Profile for: nismo Via Moderators CP Nov 16 2003, 03:35 PM

so if your name appears above please check all info in your profile..

I am attepting to fix it, and this member has been warned, any future actions of the sort by the member WILL result in a bann of this member,

If any one else encourters such a glick in the programming of this site Please Report it to me, or one of the staffers here so we can resolve the issue, do not abuse the glick, it WILL NOT be tolerated

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

problem fixed

I assinged the Member Group "members" as a moderatore to the "site feedback forum" which opened the ModCP up to call Members, my fualt

Fixed not, Sorry for the inconveinance

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Frankly, I don't find it amusing that the fucker got into my profile and changed my website addresss, which was my buisness site, to the Elemental Designs website.

I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but that is not funny.

I think if they are going to be digging in peoples personal stuff and changing buisness website links, they should be banned. I don't give a fuck if it were my wife that did it, that is bullshit.

If the fucker that did this has any privledges, I suggest immediate revocation of any Mod, developer, etc status.

And whoever did this, very fucking funny, and fuck you.

4. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

anyone else notice that I haven't been on in 4 days?

that's because I couldn't log on. the fucker changed my password, and was even

so kind as to add 'i am gay' to my signiture. Whoa buddy, better watch out for this

guy.....he's a tough one :boxing:

class act jr, real class act.......

Jeff

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

How do you know who did it, if they logged in as a moderator?
    Or was this someone that inadvertantly had moderator power, who wasn't supposed to?

At least they didn't edit mine... my password strategy must be working! :gunsmilie:

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

....hey.... we can edit member profiles?

Muuuahahahaha.....

:D

7. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I don't see anything different on mine. ;)

Missed ya Jeff. Glad that you are able to come back, and not be gay. :lmfao:

And BTW, I'm having a little difficulty with Trillian. The last time we talked, I moved our discussion screen out of the way to the bottom, and now I can't see it. That is why I didn't respond last time. I tried. I wasn't ignoring you. :bye:

Anyone know how to fix that?

8. Steven Kephart

1-2-3-4-5 isn't a very good "strategy". Just ask President Screw.

9. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I thought it was Seth that edited mine...but I guess not...

I just wonder who it may have been... :unsure:

10. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I guess i'm not important enough to have my profile hacked...
    phew!

<_<

11. Steven Kephart

I tried, but then I had to clean the white-out off my screen. :D

12. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I tried, but then I had to clean the white-out off my screen. :D [/b][/quote]
    so you're a blonde, eh? :lol:

13. Steven Kephart

so you're a blonde, eh? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    No, I color my hair to a yellow color.

14. Steven Kephart

Not in the dark.

15. Steven Kephart

Only on the inside? :rolleyes:

But seriously, man do I have my blonde moments. I guess you could say I have daily PBS, pre blonde syndrome.

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Just the Clear up the Confusion, it was my Fualt, When I was Editing the Moderators for all the Forums, I inadvertaly Selected "Members" instead of "Moderators" for the member Group that moderates the Site Feedback Forum, This Software Allows the Selection of a Single Person, or a Group of People to Moderate any forums, some of the Lesser Used Forums I have made Moderatable by any Mod, thus the whole moderatore Group is Selected

This Person was/is in no way a Moderator, and Should have never had access to the information.

I dont know how long it has been like that, I do know thay before the 16th of this month Me and Seth are the only 2 to have taken "moderator actions" and all of them were called for. Most of the actions were my doing

As far as how I know who did it, any Action Taken at a moderator level, i.e. Delting posts, Moving Posts, Editing Profiles etc is Logged and show up in my Administor Contol Panel, it is all Seperated by Name of the "mod" and tells me what action was taken, by whom, towards whom, and what time it occured..

I have sent him a PM warning, I will not publicly disclose who it was, but my Mods will moe than likoly be notified soon so they can watch this person closly.

He has also Stated to have recived a PM statng he has the Ablity to edit it, I am still looking in o that one, Maybe it was a AutoPM generated when I made the error, anyone else get a PM like this?

17. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No Chris.

While I am able to do that, I will not go into your personal space. There are certain lines that should not be crossed, and that is definately beyond that line.

I never look at anything that you, or any other member cannot access. The only moderation I do (and really need to do) is seperate posts that have gone off topic, and the blonde moment I had when I hit "edit" instead of "quote" on Chris' (BlkX's) post in the thread about glassing door panels. I did correct my error when he pointed it out ;)

:ban: the moderator !!! :p

18. trifle

trifle Full Member

i'm not trying to piss you off but that's pretty freakin hilarious....

while the stuff never shoulda been done, at least it was generally harmless stuff, and you're the only other person who noticed that it had been changed, or i'm sure someone on the board woulda brought it up to you on here....

sorry to everyone who had theirs done but it coulda been much worse :2guns:

19. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

No Chris.

While I am able to do that, I will not go into your personal space. There are certain lines that should not be crossed, and that is definately beyond that line.

I never look at anything that you, or any other member cannot access. The only moderation I do (and really need to do) is seperate posts that have gone off topic, and the blonde moment I had when I hit "edit" instead of "quote" on Chris' (BlkX's) post in the thread about glassing door panels. I did correct my error when he pointed it out ;)

:ban: the moderator !!! :p [/b][/quote]
    It kinda aggervated me a little, but it was nothing too bad. However, the more I thought about it, I wondered why would have written that, which led me to believe that it wasn't you bc it made no sense.

Either way all is good... B)

20. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I don't think it was harmless. The only reason nobody caught it was because this was posted about an hour after the change was made. What if it had been weeks? or months?

What if someone were looking at peoples sites looking for install ideas and sub ideas and clicked on my link and saw the ED site? Maybe they buy 2 15As, yet if they would have seen my site, the may have bought 2 B15s. That is alot of cash out of my pocket, and I don't consider that harmless.

I'm not pissed at the humor you find in it, but calling it "nothing" is simply vastly understating what the cost could have been to me. I still see no humor in it, and I still feel the fucker should be banned.