Sandt38!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by flawlesskid, Oct 31, 2002.

1. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

I took out my other crossover to compare the readings i got with my dmm. I isolated the problem to the larger coil on the board. I noticed the wire going into the board was broken. I even figured out why it broke. The coil had come aloose from the board a little and was moving and rattled by the e12k sitting inches away. Well, i epoxied the coil back down to the board and soldered the wire back together. Its a done deal. Working like new.[​IMG]

Look at the red circle. thats the culprit of my problems. Something so simple sent me into a frenzy today. :dunno:

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Good job. You sure were whinin like a bitch :lol: :lol: :lol: . Seriously, good job going ahead and looking for the problem, and correcting it. Kudos for not calling it quits.

3. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Yeah, i will admit, i was actin like a lil bitch for a while today. :lol:
    I was pissed when i found it was something so simple. Just sat down with this POS soldering iron i've got and took care of it. Now i gotta run new speaker wire because i cut the one i had up before i figured it was the crossover tryin to see if it was some bad wire. Its all good though.