sandt38 baffeled by Cadence?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Jan 1, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hey guys, I got the Z777s listed now. I also have 4 new amps I have not heard ANYTHING about. What is up? The listings are as follows...

*VA300 2X150 Max, my cost is through the floor
    *VA600 4X150 Max, again real cheap.

Confused though, I have not seen Cadence rate their amps in Max, always WRMS. I suspect entry level equipment, designed to pull the less knowledgeable with bigger #s

*Z1200HC true 1200watt Monoblock, great price, but not exactly cheap. about $100 less then an A7
    *Z1500HC 2X750@2ohms or 1X1500@4 ohms. Almost exactly the same price as a Z7000
    and the amp we have all been waiting for...

The Z777DG, rated at 50@4ohms, 800@2ohms and 1600@1ohm. I have read reports of this animal pounding out 2000 watts. A bit higher in price than the A7s though and to my knowledge, unstrappable.

Any input on these other amps? I have not heard a thing, they just showed up on my new price list. Also, all A series seem to be gone except the A7HCs. Any info on this? I know they got rid of a few As last year, but now the A4 as well?

2. streetrace_r

streetrace_r Full Member

are any of the new amps strapable liek the A7?

3. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

<!--QuoteBegin--sandt
    @Jan 2 2003, 03:00 AM
    A bit higher in price than the A7s though and to my knowledge, unstrappable.
    [/quote]

:eek:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Screw Cadence

They screwed me, So....

5. zabooza

zabooza Full Member

what goes around, comes around, right?

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Cool.. I figured by now Cadence had pulled your distro ability too!
    I'm surprised, but glad for you though...
    Keep your eyes open, Cadence seems to have set some sort of policy...
    :(

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No, I have an insider INSIDE Cadence. I am not outsourced, nor very public about my sales. I am also trying to get another company or 2 to allow me to sell their products, then I will build a low priced high quality internet car audio based buisness. I should be able to get Cadence to authorise me (as they were going to before) and if I can get the 1 other company I want to give me the go, I will be getting it on. I think they will force me to raise prices, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Who knows, Mike, maybe I can get you rolling again. Hey Geo, how you planning to push your equipment? I might be interested in doing some buisness with you if all goes well.

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Geo, why did you chose a knight? Because it's movement I guess, thinking off a straight line?

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

what goes around, comes around, right?[/b][/quote]
    That is "Do not tempt me Froto Baggins"

Gandalf... ;)

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

No, I have an insider INSIDE Cadence. I am not outsourced, nor very public about my sales. I am also trying to get another company or 2 to allow me to sell their products, then I will build a low priced high quality internet car audio based buisness. I should be able to get Cadence to authorise me (as they were going to before) and if I can get the 1 other company I want to give me the go, I will be getting it on. I think they will force me to raise prices, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Who knows, Mike, maybe I can get you rolling again. Hey Geo, how you planning to push your equipment? I might be interested in doing some buisness with you if all goes well.[/b][/quote]
    hey now

You going to start competing with me, we may have problems :D

Plsu I already have geo, so dont try it

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

That doesn't sound like competition now does it ;)

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

lol, joke man, joke

if you talking me buying from You, that is one sure fire way to get cut off, I dont care how good of an insider you have, I was talking to the CEO, and they will not authorized Online sales

if you Rep doesa, he will likly lose Cadence as well. My Distibutor almost did.

13. gscustoms

gscustoms Full Member

i like cadence products, but i'll never buy them again.

when i was looking for amps i went to get a A7hc, walk in the shop and get told that it is $900, and that he is "taking a loss" selling it to me at that price. SO i go to a different shop, ask them how much, they say $600, allot more reasonable. so i go back to the first shop who pricematches and tell them the price. he then proceded to basically call me a liar, and calls the other shop, who then says they "misquoted" the price, and would not honor it. so it was $900 if i wanted it!!!!

and this is a "authorized" cadence dealer! the people who they think do a good job!

extreme overpricing, customer abuse, and flat out lies.......must be nice to be authorized!

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

That is the What I hear from ebery person I talk to with Cadence Dealers........

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

You should have asked me ;) . I could flay all those prices :D

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

That is the What I hear from ebery person I talk to with Cadence Dealers........

[/b][/quote]
    Yes, but the same can be said about all companies who have removed their products from online distributors, the biggest that comes to mind is JL. I have spoken to 1, yes, I said 1, intelligent JL authorised distributor in my life.

Fixed prices are why they said what they said. They are not allowed to sell their units that cheap, it removes competition. Ask Micheal, he has learned the hard way how fixing prices work, and I think it sucks. However, as cheaply as I get their products, and as fantastic as they have proven to be by me, I will continue to reccomend their products and help those in need of answers about said products. Hey, who knows... there may be an online distributor of Cadence before too long. ;)

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Yes, but the same can be said about all companies who have removed their products from online distributors, the biggest that comes to mind is JL. I have spoken to 1, yes, I said 1, intelligent JL authorised distributor in my life.

Fixed prices are why they said what they said. They are not allowed to sell their units that cheap, it removes competition. Ask Micheal, he has learned the hard way how fixing prices work, and I think it sucks. However, as cheaply as I get their products, and as fantastic as they have proven to be by me, I will continue to reccomend their products and help those in need of answers about said products. Hey, who knows... there may be an online distributor of Cadence before too long. ;)[/b][/quote]
    Well see That is where Cadence is JL is Differant

I hate when small Compaines try to set policies like JL Kicker Etc

Well not so much Kicker since they have 2 online dealers and rumor to have more comming soon

But Kicker JL etc all in EVERY town, Cadence is not

they are missing out on a HUGE market..............

And Dealers like that ones mentioned above kill the industry,

on top of that the CEO of cadence told me $550 was the going street rate for tyhe A7HC, not $900, he told me that my Price of $419.99 was way to low, and $550 would be acceptable, if he would have told me $900 I would have laughed him right out of the converstion, anyone paying $900 for that amp is insane, hell the MTX T1000D which does more power is only $700 retail at CC......

I would still like to Get them if they would authroize me, and allow me to Buy form my Old Distributor

I called their Local Rep up here after talking to the Cadecne Guy at the Home Office, and the local Rep was a True Ass Hole so I refuse to deal with him as well

18. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I paid $300 for my Cadence Q3000. I know I got ripped. It was stupid I guess. If I had to get another front stage amp it would be a USX.

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No, I would suggest the Cadence. But from the right source you could pay 1/2 the money...

20. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

LOVE my Q3000.

Any more info on the mysterious amps yet Sandt?