Sandt...kodas??

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MJE, Sep 25, 2002.

1. MJE

MJE Full Member

come on i know you have been counting the minute hand till they are released...

on another forum i have stated my interest in getting a new vehicle...i was thinking of picking up some adire equipment...which would be 3 sets of kodas...

you have to be getting some before most if not everyone else...i want a review on them...and detailed pics like your install...

also i was thinking of picking up several brahmas...and getting a directed 2500d to each 2...(its for me temporarily...but for my brother when he gets his license)

mostly i just want to hear them so i can give my review of their performance...(dont worry i can build boxes like a somebitch) anyways let me know what you think and everyone else for that matter about the idea for 4 brahmas...and 3 sets of kodas...the kodas would be run on a soundstream rubicon 1002...

i think that would suffice for the highs...its one of the older soundstream amps i had laying around from before...but again i wanna know about these kodas...how they'd compare to boston pros which i havent had much good luck with the crossovers...

-MJE-

2. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

I think the Nat man actualy said that he won't be using them as they don't come in a 5.25" version...

Who knows tho, maybe he's changed his mind?? :D

3. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

i just put mine on preorder yesterday. When they come in ill post pics, and when

i get them hooked up, ill let you guys know how it sounds. :)

Jeff

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I have been waiting anxiously for the set. I first got wind of them when I was considering the AD600 comps and was torn. When I heard the target price was under $350 I was dying to know what would become of the project. Well, thanks to the target price being 1/2 that of the AD set, plus the tweeter being a more off axis tweet than the AD set, and the never answered E-mails from Ampman, I decided to go with the Adire set. It is going to take some serious work to build a decent pod for the Nat, but I have decided I will get the set, and a new amp to power them adequately. I will be sure to post my review of the set. I am VERY anal about comps and quickly shred sets most consider "the best". Fact is, I only really like about 3 sets enough to purchase them. Not one of those sets cost more than $300. JLXRs, Crystals, and Cadence. Hopefully I will add Adire to that list.

3 sets, overkill. Maybe 2 in a line array like Geo has in his truck, but I feel a trio of sets might ruin a decent soundstage, but Geo may be able to prove otherwise as I have NO experiance in line array systems.

4 Brahmas? Uhhh, I love the Brahma (I know, you guys are thinking "no fuckin way, since when?" :D ) but god damn, that's obscene. In a proper install 2 well powered Brahmas would be more than enough. Of course, I'm an SQ guy, loud comes in at a distant second. I might suggest playing with a pair first.

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

You like loud too Seth, or why would you be considering another brahma :).

I'll say that from sitting in sandt's car that 1 brahma is MORE than enough for me...overkill actually. You want 4, might i suggest a good hearing aid company?

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

True.

I just feel I may need a second to keep up with the Kodas :D . Actually Chris, I do have a reason. I can keep the gains lower and build a bigger box, lowering Q considerably, increasing SQ of the woofers, and maintaining the same output. Also by doing this I will be better able to compete with others in my class (a second battery puts me above stock class). So see, there is methood to my apparant madness :p

7. MJE

MJE Full Member

this message is to dan...

if you made kodas besides just 6.5s...which i really dont want to mod the hell out of my car...shitbox or not...

just want you to know.... :hitit:

:) donations accepted.