Sandt, come defend your Buick

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PimpinPolitis, Aug 20, 2002.

1. trifle

trifle Full Member

he was calling the ss ugly, he was praising sandt's car.....

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah. Besides, I just don't like that poo4brains junk.

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

well...

Personally, I think Monte Carlos are ugly as pimpled carpenter's crack...

And I think the Regal based GN's look cool as hell...
    Much much tidier body lines!

Monte Carlo SS's even, I picture someone who needs a haircut, sporting a "cheech" moustache and wearing a "Motley Crue tour 88" sucking on a cigarette with an ashtray full of butts in it...

It just doesn't invoke an image that I would want to subject myself to...

The GN's though... I would own one of those, despite my usual distaste for this platform!

The GN is a notable car...
    The Monte.. even the SS... not memorable in my mind!

4. slammin86

slammin86 New Member

so you dont like my monte
    http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=165197&page=1
    :confused:

5. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

See, that's why I never use words like "never" or "always", because something always pops up to prove me wrong...

You know I am a sucker for lowriders, don't you?

That's actually an extremely classy car..
    I am a lowrider fan, but at the same time some lowriders can cross the line to being gaudy.
    Yours is really perfect, I have to say that is the nicest Monte Carlo I have ever seen!

I know you must have done a lot to smooth that car, I can tell there are at least badges missing that otherwise give it that "Todd from Beavis and Butthead" 'stoner' image.. ;)
    It's very smooth..

I too generally prefer knock offs (you know, the latest Lowrider Euro, I found a dealer selling 20" 150 spoke knock-offs, WITH tires, for only $1800!), but those bolt-ons look very good on your car!

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Oh, it's not really that low! :(

Lower it, it looks incredible that way! ;)

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It is. I think the lines of a Monte tend to be more sexy than the Brute lines of a Regal, but I'm a bit more of a brute;) . The Monte's I don't like are those stupid ass aerobacks in the mid 80s...

9. slammin86

slammin86 New Member

you have no idea how much i want to lower the car....but every time i come up with the spare money to do it, i decide to upgrade my system.....such an addiction...
    well, i am currently in the process of haveing 2 15 inch eclipse aluminums in a ported box powered off of a rockford bd1500.1.....all the equiptment is purchaced, i just have to decide for sure how i wanna do my box.....
    i have also wanted to do knockoffs for a while, i actually wanna get some 18 inch wires, but stereo is more important

all the emblems are shaved on the car along with the trunk key hole and the rear parking lights....

thanks everyone for the compliments on my car:D

10. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

the monte looks mean as hell, the GN is a sleeper to most people.. only problem was that the GN had the power the monte ss needed but never got...

oh and Sandt38, not too many aerocoupes (hatchback) ss's made.. 200 in 86 and a few thousand in 87/88 ... still relatively rare in terms of SS production... pal of mine has 2 of the 86 models.. 1% of the worlds supply.. not a pretty car imo either, but rare.. he has one he drives ana another one with 8 miles... worth a good bit....

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I never realised so few were made. I've seen quite actually so that comes as a surprise. My ? to your buddy is... Why own a car if you cannot drive it? I just have never understood that. I went to school with a guy who's dad has a Superbird. It had like 3000 miles on it (pretty ugly ass wing too :D but it was in great shape). I just don't get that. My Nat has over 180,000 on it. I plan on taking her to about 500,000.

12. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

a grand national blew up at our local track last friday! I almost cried! :ph34r:

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I just did cry. Actually I bought my car with a BLOWN up engine, so who knows... Maybe someone will benefit from this B)

14. Regal1975

Regal1975 Full Member

yeah not alot made.. monte ss' are common here int he south, but rarely do you see an aerocoupe.. oh and he has 2 of them.. 1 to collect and 1 to drive. he collects cars... has several great ones, but his daiyl cars are the ss monte aerocoupe and an old racing vette.. cant think of the series, but it is where they shut off several hundred miles of road and do top end across several states.. thsi vette is sick... 4+3 manual, tpi350, but man, top end on it is ~190 and 0-60 is in the mid 3s... nasty... his daily driver...

and Sandt, i may have to remove you from my "car guy" list for trashing the wing on the superbird.. THAT wing served a function.. it was purpose built.. the onyl part of that car that wasnt functional were the scoops over the front tires int he fenders.. the nascar version had taller tires and needed a little mroe clearance so they put back facing scoops over the holes.. the stock car didnt have the same height problems.. the superbird is in the elite list of greatest cars ever.. in the same leagyue as yenko camaros and DOHC 427 stangs... cars that were simply too good for mankind to understand... had we been more educated at the time, those cars would still be in production today exactly as they are, but alas, man is a simple stupid species... :(

15. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

yea... except those were the daytona(basically the same car)

The daytona was banned from stock car for a good reason...it ruled!!

16. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member