Saab 9-3 factory hu wiring problem fm static only

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ashko18, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ashko18

ashko18 New Member

I have been having this problem for some time. I have 2 12" with a pro box, with a 1200 watt mono amp. I have it wired up right for the most part, i believe. I have a converter that is wired out the rear left 6X9 for connection to run my rca cable. I do not get any static when I play off my aux input(ipod, zune), but only on the fm stations. I dont know if there is a cross with the antenna or the amp is drawing to much power or i am getting static from the amp itself. I am sick of the problem need some help fixing the issue. I have tried a new converter (different Brand) still static. a smaller amp still static. just put in a new battery today still static. I hope that I dont have to buy a new antenna or try new hu. Just looking for some advice. I have a 2.0 cap that I havent installed yet, think it might help? IDK just fustrated.
    Thanks

2. subpounder101

subpounder101 Full Member

might want to check the ground from your OEM wiring and any metal open spots on the chassis of the HU. Radio Static "usually" comes from feedback between a positive and negative line running too close or crossing paths. I know one trick on CD HU or w/e, if the RCA line create hard power on/off with static, you can ground out the RCA heads with a ground (which I found out if you use the chassis screw next to the antenna input well lol.....) but any who, I would check those few things, if not than... You may have exposed wires that are close to the antenna, or on the back of the HU and I would say check the antenna but if its a roof antenna than.... have fun.....
    The worse worse case i would say is the unit it self is bad, but SAAB HU dont tend to go bad due to quality of built and computer inner-linking.
    Hope this helps i dont know SAAB 100% (but I use to own a 1994 900 CSE, man i loved that car and its 2.5 Single Turbo tiny 6cyc)