Running subs off stock system

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Jwebb916, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Jwebb916

Jwebb916 Member

i bought my sound system before i bought my car and and found out putting a system in my car would cost an extra 800$ to get the sound proccessor thing, (i went to retail audio shop so im sure i can get off internet for cheaper) but what should i expect to spend on the internet?? Also my car's stock system is "ELS" i know the E stands for Elliott, supposedly its better than bose, which is what acura used to have in their cars. Its a 2010 acura TSX with nav, with stock 8in sub in the back head rest area. It also has a factory amp seperate from the deck. Is it even worth putting in a system?? or is it too much of a hassle and waste of money?? (they dont make the din kits for my car so i cant put in aftermarket deck)

2. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

well i would say you are correct in changing your mind about putting a system in.... i know it sucks to have all the stuff but not be able to do it for a reasonable amount..... the issues you will run into is that you already have an amped system, which means you will need to do some bypassing.... your 8inch sub probably has its own separate amp as well.... i wont lie, it has been done before, i used to drive an Acura legend, as old as that was they already were putting BOSE in them... i personally wouldn't mess with your TSX set up unless you REALLY want to and have the money... im sure it sounds great either way

3. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

ill call and check tomorrow what u would all need to be able to add ur system to ur car.. maybe i can get it for u cheap.. i can also check with metra and see if they have any kit for it also..