Rockford Fosgate

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by RFP3, Jun 12, 2009.

1. RFP3

RFP3 Full Member

I have a couple question involving Rockford's Power series. I have 3 P3's right now that I love but I'm considering an upgrade to the T2's. First of all, there is a dual 2 T2 and a dual 4. They are rated to handle the same power, and are priced the same, but what difference does that make? And I'm wanting to pair the T2's with the T20001bd amp. I've read that the amp provides more power than it's rated for. Would i be better off with smaller amps or will the subwoofers handle the amps? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

If you have a dual 2 sub then that means you can wire it for either a 1 ohm or 4 ohm load on the amp. A dual 4 sub gives you the option between a 2 ohm or 8 ohm load.

That amp is rated to do 1500W @ 2ohms and will do more (my friend has this amp and its a beast). The T2 subs are rated for 1000W rms so two of them wired for a 2 ohm load should be fine, which means you should get the dual 2 models and wire them as such.

3. RFP3

RFP3 Full Member

Would I be better off getting 3 T10001bd and the dual 4's and wiring them at 1ohm or would that be too much overload on those amps?

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Before you upgrade anything components. Upgrade your enclosure if you haven't already.

5. RFP3

RFP3 Full Member

If my measurement is correct I have around a 7.75 cu. ft. enclosure and that is enough to accomadate the T2's.