Riddle Me This! (860mp V 8600mp)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, May 19, 2004.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Im done asking questions at CAF, that place sucks now.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a good reason why the 8600's were selling for more on ebay than the 860's?

2. texcon

texcon Full Member

Good reason? I can't think of any - the 860 is better with its 2 yr warranty and pro-mode and higher pre-outs (although 4 v vs 6.5 v is not that big a deal). Maybe the sellers selling the 860s are not as credible? Perhaps the 860s only have a 1 yr warranty when sold on Ebay, which decreases their value.

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

You dont get a real warranty no matter which model you get. I believe that the only warranty you receive is from the online store.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

because ebay is full of scams.......

5. Fused

Fused Full Member

The online dealers maybe getting a better deal on the 8600. And seeing how there are only a few differences between the 2 models, they are able to sell them at or near the same price therefore making just a little more of that almighty $

6. texcon

texcon Full Member

Yeah, that was implied. My point was that the online store warranty dropped to 1 year on the 860...and Ebay is shady.

7. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

The 860s are selling for as much as 20 dollars cheaper than the the 8600;s, but whatever.

Can someone explain to me what Pro-Mode is and whether I will ever use it.

8. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

I believe pro mode give you a 3 way x-over instead of the 2 way. It probably does something else too but I'm not sure what since I don't own one. :p

9. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

You are correct. The xovers on the 860 are MUCH more flexible than the 8600...I learned this the hard way. :(

10. texcon

texcon Full Member

If you ever plan on running your highs off one amp and your mids off another, then you'd want pro-mode.