Renaissance/Morel, Michael???

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by bmas1, Nov 20, 2002.

1. bmas1

bmas1 Full Member

Hey Mike,

Have you ever heard of these speakers or the company.
    Renaissance is the speaker and Morel I guess is the company. Some of the stuff looks pretty good to me. A tech at Xtant told me to check them out cause thats who supplied Xtant with their components before they stopped making them.
    Heres a page

www.morelusa.com

Hey if anybody else has heard anything or the speakers themselves just throw in your comment. Little on the pricey side so I wouldn't want to make a bad choice here.

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I have heard that Morel mid bass drivers have awesome sq. The name has been floating around Termpro, Elite and all the other forums...

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Morel is top notch stuff. Most of their drivers are for home audio setups. I've always wanted to try a car setup w/ Morel though.

4. bmas1

bmas1 Full Member

How would you guys compare these to Focal or Rainbow, MBQuart??? They all seem to be around the same price. I have to pick up a nice amp to run them with too. I'm thinking about staying with Xtant on that one. Probably get there 3 channel X603. Looks exactly the same as the one I have now. Could be one bad ass install with that. if any one wants to check it out got to

www.Xtant.com

They have a flash version and a html version. they got lots of cool stuff on the flash version. Box building calculator w/ demsions and port sizes for their subs. pretty cool stuff.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well you stated 2 very good companies, and then a Sell-out Company that is overpriced

Can you name the sell out?

6. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

umm.. MB Rock.. errr Rockford qua.... MB Quart. There we go :p

7. bmas1

bmas1 Full Member

o-really. whats with MB Quart now? how did they sell out?

8. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I think I heard they were bought out by Rockford Fosgate.

9. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

morel makes great home stuff... got a pair of 6.5's at home