remote turn on lead

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by craigmb, Feb 28, 2009.

1. craigmb

craigmb Full Member

i am having difficultys installing my amp to my 2000 ford taurus se . i have a stocked amp under my carpets in my trunk.

I have my antenna hooked to my stocked amp. i had blue wire in my old car that hooked into my amp that i am installing. but in the ford i have a couple blue wires hooked in the bacck of my factory cd players...how am i supposed to hook the amp up?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

so you have a stock radio then? if so your going to need a multi meter.

then you'll have to find which wire is hot when the ignition is on and not hot when off.

3. craigmb

craigmb Full Member

ok i have a multi meter so how will that work , keep splitting the wires till i find one that is hot on when the car is on?

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i believe so.

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Taurus uses a 5 volt remote turn on lead and it's a black wire with a color stripe on it. Your better off just to bypass the factory amp and if your using the factory deck you will most likely need a line driver and probably run your own remote lead to turn the amp on and off. You will need to find one in your dash that has power when you turn the key on or to accessory and no power when you turn off the car. Also it should be 12 volts but that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009