Recommend a SQ CD for me.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by wild-bill, Sep 2, 2010.

1. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Now that l've got a nice system in the car and bought new bookshelf speakers for the home stereo, l'm looking for a CD that has the best sound quality. Would it be jazz or classical? Or something else? I want to see how good my equipment sounds and what it's capable of. The best CD I have for this is Euge Groove's Born 2 Groove(jazz). Is there a better one?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

you could look into the IASCA SQ cd.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest a few.

Sheffield labs Drum and track record. http://www.amazon.com/Sheffield-Drum-Track-Disc-XRCD24/dp/B00011D17W

Being a drummer myself I can really identify with how things should sound and whats not right when listening to this recording.

Also might try some Time Warp, perhaps even a little bit of Classical Gas by Mason Williams and mannheim steamroller

4. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

Thanks Pedro and Viking. Pedro, what is IASCAS? I did a Google search and not much of anything came up.

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

IASCA

International Autosound Challenge Association.....

Its a CD used for evaluating car audio systems. High quality musical recordings...along with other tests