Recent Installs In My Sexy Seafoam Green 92 Accord

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by objext, Sep 20, 2004.

1. objext

objext Full Member

2. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Man that is incredible wood work on that enclosure. Mad props to you man.

I'm glad you had fun with your old Sony deck. But that would have been more fun if it had been an Xplod deck.

Another fun thing to do with old cd players is to take out the cd player portion from the rest of the chassis, open it up and weld on an old screwdriver. You then hook the motor that spins the cd's to a 12 volt battery with an AOL cd in it. This gets the cd spinning REALLY fast, then open the top and let the cd drop on it's side onto the floor while spinning. It will bounce for a second or two, then take off. You would be surprised at how far it will go.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Nice woodworking!

How come you didn't finish the box off? Carpet? Paint?
    Lots of effort to end up with just a plain MDF finish! :confused:

4. objext

objext Full Member

I guess I could paint it, but it barely fits in as it is...have to tap on it to get it in. If I carpeted it then it wouldn't fit at all :blush:

5. SteamHammer

SteamHammer Full Member

On that last pick of the box, the one showing the floor mounbt, did you bolt that piece of wood to the floor from underneath or just screw it down from the top?

Nice work on the CDT tweets. I have the CL61s (with the shittiest mounting hardware known to man) and I surface mounted them to the doors of my saturn. Just ran two small screws thru the back right into my plastic door panel.

6. objext

objext Full Member

That wood is pretty temporary. There were actually holes in the trunk right where you see the screws (no, the holes don't go all the way through :p), so I just drove some wood screws through the wood lining up with the holes. The screws don't actually bind to the car at all, they're just acting as pins to keep the wood from sliding. If I ever get around to redoing the floor I'll put in something more permanent/secure.