rear speakers only work with subwoofer controls

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by nielsonp, Sep 7, 2009.

1. nielsonp

nielsonp New Member

hi.

today my uncle fixed my car.. he owns a lpg conversion business. he needed to replace the intake manifold and he also fixed the petrol gage so it displays how much gas i have left in the tank.

he also reset the ECU and the computer that controls the gas as well and now my rear speakers dont work.. really ****ed off.

i have a pioneer head unit with a sony xplod 4ch amp. the speakers are mtx 6 inch cones in front and 6x9's in the back.

have had a look thru settings on the head unit and double checked the levels on the amp they all seem ok.

ps. the amp is getting power because the lights are on and the front speakers do work.. also went down and checked again and for some reason the speakers pump out just bass when i turn the subwoofer on via the head unit even though i dont have a subwoofer. the head unit is a deh 3050ub

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

he may have accidentally connected the preouts wrong while fixing your car. did he take the stereo out? just check to make sure that the rear speaker preouts on the amp are connect to the rears on the stereo. that may be your problem. if you know how to remove your deck it should be a 2 min. fix.