RE Audio Amp with T6-12 sub woofer ????

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by evcorchado, Mar 18, 2011.

1. evcorchado

evcorchado New Member

Hi guys, I need help with an amp and sub-woofer I'm about to get, I originally was going to buy a Soundstream T5-12 Sub-woofer 2ohm DVC 900w rms-1800w peak, So I bought an RE Audio dts 1500.1 1000W rms @ 1ohm/ 700W rms @ 2ohm.. I got news from Techronics dot com that Soundstream no longer makes the T5-12 and Soundstream will upgrade me to the new T6-12, My issue is that I'm not sure if My RE Amp will work well with the T6-12 since its a 4ohm DVC instead of 2ohm... My Amp @ 2ohms only delivers 700w rms and the T6-12 is 900w rms.. Will it damege my sub for lack of power or will it work out fine??? I can always buy another T6-12 in order to run 2 4ohm subs down to 1ohm but My Idea was to just have one sub for trunk space on my Civic...

2. evcorchado

evcorchado New Member

36 views and not one single person can help me on this, not even a moderator, what good is this place ;/

3. steve

steve Full Member

Hey,I'll help. I stay very busy but I will help you just give me some time,I will answer tonight or by tomorrow......i work all the f'n time