RCA cables different form wires...

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by 92civicproblems, May 31, 2009.

1. 92civicproblems

92civicproblems Full Member

Is it possible to just use wires with RCA ends instead of actual RCA cables? For example, I need one set of +/- to split into two sets in order to go to two different amps but with the same output. Is this possible by just splicing wires instead of buying some kind of adapter? I mean I understand they have a ground and all that. Or would it be the same if I just ran it mono. If I only insert one RCA (left) does that decrease my overall output?

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

do you mean running from the speaker outs of the head to rca's into an amp? then no. it will burn up the input. its a low level in not meant to handle the power of a head unit.

3. 92civicproblems

No, I'll try to draw a picture here...

[​IMG]

Basically, I'm running my rca from my hu to my amp like regular I just need 4 outputs instead of one. I need two lefts and two rights in order to go to two seperate amps. I hope this is clear...

Thanks.

4. pedro quiroga

y splitters. did it for my 4ch amp.

5. 92civicproblems

awesome. got some today. hifonics seems worse than the sony as far as sound quality. The hifonics sorta sounds like the bass is drowing out the music and yes I have a crossover same as xplod.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Hifonics is a better amp than a sony. check your settings on the amp... if the bass is overpowering the music then put the gain down...

7. 92civicproblems

I have a cuspid amp. I have hifonics and xplod 12"s lol

8. pedro quiroga

i still say run it in 4channel mode. front in stereo to the mids and highs and the rear outs to one of your subs.

9. 92civicproblems

I have it running the rear inputs to my xplod and the front inputs to my hifonics right now. Seems good from what I can tell with no box. I plan to get the other hifonics If I like it in a box.