Rant: Best Buy Sucks

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jstutman, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

For the last 2.3 years i have managed to keep the warranty paperwork for my kenwood headunit from bestbuy. Today, the fucker totally stops working "yeah we will replace it with the paperwork" guess what i cant fucking find today. OMG im so pissed. 500$ head unit is now garbage. fuck. I have no clue where i may have placed it with all my moving and packing i been doing. Best buy has no way to look it up in there database or computers and Kenwood wont touch it without a recipe. well considering the recipe is the warranty. Im totally fucked. To top it all off. come august i got to drive the venge 1600 miles with no damn music. :lmfao: :2guns: :aurgue:

2. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

They are full of shit. I used to work there, they CAN look it up for you, and kenwood is not replacement, they will service that HU. go back in there, edmand that they look it up for you, and if not, you'd like a pbhone number to corporate customer service. That will change they're minds in a heartbeat.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yea, places like that keep records on everything

they are just lazy

4. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

thanks everyone. they told me i have to go back to the best buy i actually purchased from to look it up. Being that i purchased it in missouri and im in maine. i kind of just sucking it up. Kenny i dont want them to Service this HU again. this thing has been giving me problems since i owned it. Only this time, its something i cant fix. damn gears froze up and the face wont activate.

5. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Well, that was known to happen to teh older kenwood mask units. what I'd do, is call the best buy where you got it from, adn ask them if they can look it up on the computer for you, then get whatever numbers you need fom them (serial numbers, etc), and a phane number for that store, and take it into your local best buy, and tell them that you now have proof that you have PSP.

As for service, yes, I'd have them fix it, because it will still be useable. What would you rather do, throw it out, and buy a new HU, or get it fixed, sell it, adn put that money TOWARDS a new HU?

I mean, if you don't wanna continue to use the HU, fine, but god, you could still get over $100 for that in working condition, and it won't cost you anything but a phone call, and a couple trips to best buy to get it fixed.

6. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

thanks again, its works out tho, tommorow i actually leave this hell hole called maine (finally out of the navy) and i will be on my way back to missouri. makes it so much easier :)

thanks

:bye:

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

they have a phone ;)