Radar Detectors

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Civic96, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I started to work again and Im in the mood to buy a radar detector. I dont want one that is cheap and shitty but at the same time I dont want that V1 thing thats 500 dollars. I want the 360 degree scan and prefer the talking one. Help me choose a radar detector people.
    :flag:

2. piperazine

piperazine Full Member

I've had good luck w/ whistler. Do yourself a big favor and get a radar detector w/ 3 different color LEDs for the different radar bands so you can tell a false alarm from the real thing when you have your system turned up.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I use a Uniden. Very nice, and does a good job of filttering out false signals. A great buy that should be had for $100 or so. I got it because my Passport was stolen. I went through about 6 detectors looking for a good one, without spending another $250. Although the alarm is very irratating it gets through to you. Sometimes the Passports alarm was so subtle I didn't notice it going off. For $100 you can get voice alert, 360 protection, multi-colored warning lights (for various radars/lasers), and of course City, Mute, Single warning, etc. All the typical crap.

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Is there a model number? Anyone else?

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

6. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you HAVE to have one with VG2 cloak on it

that is a MUST

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

9. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I posted some link and one of them has that, but Why would you need to cloak if it is legal in your state? Does it make a difference if they know?

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it can, they will fuck with you, itis legal here but they fuck with people that have them,

I Love my Whistler

Also I Use to have a Uniden whan I was 16, and i got in a BAD wreck and my car was totaled but the radar detector was fine until the cops stomped on it after the wreck :bs: it was a $200 dectector to not more the 3 mos old, I was pissed

the Cops hate them

11. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I cant wait till you update your whole site! I want to check out the detectors and other things!

12. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

You said you were old as dirt so Im guessin you were 16 many years ago. Things change Mike. LOL

13. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Any other feedaback? Mike all the new detectors are cloaked.

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Not all of them are truley cloaked

ddi you read that artical at all???

Some just have VG2 dectectors telling you when a cop is using VG2, that does not mean that it is clocking, just detecting

15. BIGProbe

BIGProbe New Member

I had a uniden with the digital compass, text but now I have a bel 970 which I like allot better and its saved me a bunch of times from tickets. I also like it because its upgradable so if there is a new technology that comes out you wont have to buy an new one.

16. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Does anyone really use that compass or is it there to make you feel special? I want a accurate, talking, 360 degree radar detector. With that cloaking thing as well.

17. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I think I will get either a Bel 950 or 970. I heard both are amazing.

18. sismit

sismit Full Member

I've read in repeated Car and Driver tests, the Valentine one proved to be the only radar detector that offered worthwhile protection.......

19. cowboy

cowboy Full Member

Can you find that on the net?

20. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

What is the difference b/w the BEL 950 and 970?