question...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Audio Nut, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Audio Nut

Audio Nut Full Member

ok its been about an hour...i started my car so i could go up the street for some grub...let my car warmup for a few minutes...got in and left....i had on 666 mafia...but it was really....REALLY low...i mean u could barely hear the bass....i turned it up a tad...it went for a few mins...and then suddenly....the front speakers got low....then went real loud(apparently back to normal volume) and the front speakers were distorting like as if i was playing a bass cd...i cant really describe it....really distorting...every time a bass kick would come theyd get more and more distorted not to mention low in sound...after that i started my car up twice...sat in park...stereo cranked...lights dimming...and it didnt happen again....so my question is...what could it be??

1) low voltage(yet i was playing it at low volume...and i dont think the sub was loosing any power)

2) amps fried??

3) loose ground?

4) loose power?

i havent really gotten the chance to look at it considering its 2am...but i mean...what do you guys think...also...i have 4 guage power from battery to disto block....real short 8guage to sub amp and 4 channel....then i got 4 guage ground from screw to disto-block...then real short 8 guage ground to amps

:dunno:

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Filter taking a dump? Sounds like low frequencies going to the stage... You don't use blockers do you?