question on amp brand.

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by xlaudio, Jun 12, 2007.

1. xlaudio

xlaudio Full Member

Any good or bad reviews on audio pipe amps?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

audiopipe is flea market crap

3. xlaudio

xlaudio Full Member

What About Alhasonik, Sound Stream

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

alphasonik is ok...they are made by audiobahn...i would personally never buy alpha

soundstream is good

what are you looking for in an amp??

what are you trying to power??

5. xlaudio

xlaudio Full Member

well have good connections in getting some these amp at more than a good price.

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

funny thing about the audio pipe brand.i heard this guys car on sunday that had 6 AP 12's in a wall.that thing was pounding.

he was running them off of 2 huge ass MAaudio amps

[​IMG]

i'm not sure how long they would last........

sorry this is off topic.try the soundstreams

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

the Audiopipe TXX series are the only subs from them I would look at. Good bang for the buck

Pedro...still most cars with SIX 12 inch subs and 8000 watts would be loud too right?? lol

Also..pedro...i am still pondering about your 135db with your single 10 inch sub...VERY NICE...i like a lot

8. pedro quiroga

thanks,but now i want MORE!!!!

9. pedro quiroga

yeah i guess 6 of any sub will pound.lol.

he had 6000 watts to them.in a wall

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

ah icic...i was just guessing those were two HK4000Ds

Pedro...I think a 12Ov.2/3 is calling for your name

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

If these are the only brands you can get for a good price than go with SoundStream

12. xlaudio

xlaudio Full Member

ok i would go with that, sound stream. i have ma audio mk2000 in my car and is hits hard.
    i was thinking to get mtx 8500 12 in a dual 4 ohm . should i get them.
    the sub i have go 32-500hz
    mtx is 23-150 hz

13. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

frequency response means nothing without a good enclosure

14. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

I went to a dragstrip about 10 years ago...They were having a car stereo comp. It was low budget put on.....There was a guy there who had a full size van and it was done in mostly Rockford Fosgate....He had 6 15" subs running off of one punch amp and the rest of his stuff was running off of the other punch amp....it was all pro done...it looked nice and I was standing in front of the van about 8 ft away from the bumper and with the van parked and not running with the doors open, I felt the bass pounding on my chest....Combined this guy had to be under (way under) 1,000 watts...I think the simple fact of 6 15" drivers pushing in unison with a little power and it was very loud....His system sounded pretty decent too....

Willy

15. pedro quiroga

no no not yet.lol.my 10 still has a lot of life in it.

i'm haveing a false floor made to fit my truck in the morning.the guy doing it is also putting in my other M50 for the rear fill.then when i have more money i'm haveing him build me a box for the 10.

or i'll try another spare tire enclosure.i want total stealthness.^_^

16. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

Hey Pedro, 135db Was With The Kickerl7? How Many Watts? Im Thinking Of That Same Woofer If Its The L7. How Big Is Your Box ?air Space?

17. pedro quiroga

that was with an L5 10in on music.135.8db .2.25 cuft box made by kicker

with 353watts at 2 ohms mono.

18. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

135.8 in (music?) what dose that mean. is it diffrent from the regular db measures? like the ones with no music just a bass line, and if so what dose the transfer in non music db? im really interested in ur setup. i enterd once in a competition with 2 15s punch hx2 with a punch 800 (same one im planing on using for my l7) and only hit 128db. i did it all my self thats probobly why, but i was happy.

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

metering on music you play an actual song with alot of bass...i think it is the highest average spl for 30 seconds or so normally.

or you can meter the sub by blasting a tone for a couple seconds.

20. jrod18

jrod18 Full Member

i personally like hifonics and you can find them for a good price