Question for my friend

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jlfox, Aug 10, 2007.

1. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

2. danracer

danracer Full Member

he should wire it for a load of 2 ohms

3. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

ok. how many watts should he run for daily use. they'll be in a ported 8 cuft box.
    he mentioned something like 1500-2000w earlier today

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

he should have got dual 4 ohm.then he could have found an amp that will do 1500 watts or more at 1 ohm.

or he could get 2 amps that can play at 1 ohm mono.

5. danracer

danracer Full Member

looks like they dont have dual 4ohms....he should have gotten the dual 1 ohms instead

6. danracer

danracer Full Member

if he can change them tell him to do it...he'll get more power out of a 1 ohm stable amp than runnig it at 2 ohms

7. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

ok he just cancelled it. it took him awhile on the phone but he's got 2 15" dual ONE ohm woofers coming now. any amp suggestions now? lol relatively low in price. but still worthy

8. pedro quiroga

ok then.how much can he spend for an amp?

9. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

preferably under 350-400

10. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

yo im his friend, i'm lookin on ebay if that helps too. suggestions above 400 work too, just not too drastic

11. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

i was lookin at the massive audio 3000.1 as my choice for an amp because i plan on getting 2 BL 15s myself and by the way i was on the Sound Solutions Audio forum and they said the 15 BL can handle 1500rms easily for a daily setup

12. jmenace_thakidd

jmenace_thakidd Full Member

that hifonics amp looks good but im sure you can find something cheaper and still as efficient those power acoustic amps i really dont know much about but i heard that they are nice

13. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

its his friend again....(i probably should've just made my own handle! haha)

that power acoustik amp looks pretty good. especially at 2600W at 1 ohm.

to the guy that said he's gettin two BL's. What electrical are you planning on doing to your car for the 3000w??

14. danracer

danracer Full Member

you should do the big 3, o gauge all over, another batt.

15. danracer

danracer Full Member

and you might need a better alt...

16. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

I thought another batt just added more power when the car is turned off? Or at least i was told that. I'm just buying the subs for daily personal use. Maybe a comp here and there just to see what i can hit. But mostly just for drivin around.
    I'm lookin into a new alternator. I'm just having trouble finding one for a decent price.

17. pedro quiroga

what size alt does your friends car/truck have?

18. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

He has a 2000 4runner. (lol i have a 2001..but i havent had an alt put in so idk)..but ya idk the size. but thats the car. if thats helpful?