Punch 600a4, or PG Tantrun 600.4?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kennyg, Dec 15, 2002.

1. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Which is a better amp, and why? The RF's usually are more power than the PG's, I've seen them birthsheet at over 800 watts, and my friend has one of the PG's that he's sellin, and his birthsheets at like 650-somehing. Just thinking about a good sub amp for now that I can later use to run my components. Thanks. Also, the PG is rated to run at 2 ohms mono, but my friend has the 1200.1, and thats also rated at 2 ohm mono, but when he ran it at 2 ohm, it acted as if it simply weren't 2 ohm stable. The subs were barely hitting, they were popping, etc.

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I would take the PG! It sounds as if your friend had the subs wired incorrectly.

3. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Thats what we though, buit we checked everything, and testes everything with a meter. Nothing was wired wrong. We can't figure it out. Oh well. It's all out of the car already, he's selling it.

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Birthsheet HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If I write in a Pice of Paper that my 1200watt amps maked 3K you goiing to believe me,

Does RF use a Independant Party to test their amps NO

Last time I checks PG has all of its amps tested by IASC

PG is a 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X better company than Real Fake errr Rockford Foosgate

5. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Ya, I'll probably end up buying my friends PG 600.4. I know they are good amps, was just wondering. I'm sure he'll give it to me for around 300, maybe less, if I can work a nce trade with him. He said he'd take a Punch 200ix in mint condition as a straight trade for it, si I'm tryin to find one of them (ya, right). They are too hard to find though. I'll probably just end up buying some single VC 12's to run with it, instead of DVC's. They are a regulated power suply, right? I don't think they make any more power at a lower ohm. Thats what I was told at least.

6. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PHOT12D2PAK

How good are these subs, and how good of e deal is this? How wold they rate as compared to the subs I have now?

I currently own:
    2 10" Punch He2's
    2 10" Punch He ( I think these will be sold by the end of the week, hopefully)
    2 10" Orion XTR 10d
    2 10 Orion XTR Series 2 DVC's
    1 Kicker SoloBaric (older Round Style)

And, i might end up trading my JL comps NIB for a pair of almost new Orion XTR 12S subs in a factory Orion Bandpass Box (don't know on that yet, still haven't seen or heard them). Thanks.