Product Lines - So Far...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MMats4life, Jan 9, 2004.

1. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

It seems like Diamond Audio will be one of our higher end line.

We will also be selling some of the Hifonics products.

Im looking for a decent line of HU ... im trying to hit up eclipse.

Pioneer. JVC, Panasonic are being considered for lower priced stuff.

2. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Diamond Audio? of all brands, LOL... I use their HEX speakers in 2 of my cars and the only thing that ever impressed me is the fact that they can charge so much for something that sounds so mediocre (or worse when considering the tweeters...) I am not biased just stating my personal experiences with their top of the line speakers... And their factory tech support, LOL... they should talk to Audiocontrol folks how to talk to people... So are you sure about the Diamond Audio thing as your flagship brand? The brand recognition ain't that great either... BTW, are considering just Pioneer or also Premier? And what about Alpine? Great name recognition plus very reasonable prices... Are you also considering catering to the competition and sq type of folks? And what about Mmats? Interestingly enough, you have not mentioned them at all... LOL... :rolleyes:

3. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Peter_euro;

Have you ever used a Diamond sub? They make NICE quality products. The amplifiers are TOP NOTCH, especially the D7. Brand name recognition is actually pretty damn good, and they really protect their dealers.

They'd be one of the first companies I'd look at.

MMATS;

If you want a REALLY high end amp brand, take a look at TRU. The D7 from Diamond isn't cheap, but the C series from TRU is insane. :)

4. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

You must mean their best subs like the old MacDaddys I assume? because their black coned (CM3?) ones are barely ok... Yes, I have heard those and they were ok but did not have that ability to loosen up my tooth fillings, LOL... just loud they way their comps are...

I have 5 sets of HEX comps actually between 2 cars of mine and a few spares since they seem to die for no reason from time to time... Their crossovers are total junk, they are size of a small amp and get hotter than many amps I have used... I am not very impressed.... The only thing l like about them is they are very shallow... otherwise, nothing justifying their steep price... I guess I must be biased but I did not have best experiences with the brand... :(

5. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

You must mean their best subs like the old MacDaddys I assume? because their black coned (CM3?) ones are barely ok... Yes, I have heard those and they were ok but did not have that ability to loosen up my tooth fillings, LOL... just loud they way their comps are...

I have 5 sets of HEX comps actually between 2 cars of mine and a few spares since they seem to die for no reason from time to time... Their crossovers are total junk, they are size of a small amp and get hotter than many amps I have used... I am not very impressed.... The only thing l like about them is they are very shallow... otherwise, nothing justifying their steep price... I guess I must be biased but I did not have best experiences with the brand... :( [/b][/quote]
    Not many people like the speakers...the CM3 is an entry level sub. A LOT of people feel it's a damn good entry level. Hell, I can get the 10" for $70 new from my local dealer.

The MacDaddy was an EXCELLENT woofer. I'm using an M6, and it hasn't disappointed me at all.

The D7 amplifiers are the old Esoteric amps, and are VERY VERY nice pieces of equipment.

6. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

I love Panasonic HUs! :)

Alpine, Eclipse and Pansonic make the best HUs IMO

My Panasonic deck was only $200 and it is top notch. MP3, and graphics and a decent built in Equalizer.

7. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

....It's not a diamond thread, so I'll keep short on that part...

Diamond TDX's, are mean ass subs. Nothing wrong with them. The m3's and m6's however, and especially their components, never did anything for me. They look pretty, and that's about it. Seriously, you'll do better with a different brand for components. Thought about taking in CDT?

JVC makes great budget MP3 units. But I'd still recommend pioneer for that, and alpine of course.

The panasonic ghost unit is a big hit. Very easy to use, and strong preouts/sq functions.

Hifonics is always a plus :)

Jeff

8. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Not many people like the speakers...the CM3 is an entry level sub. A LOT of people feel it's a damn good entry level. Hell, I can get the 10" for $70 new from my local dealer.

The MacDaddy was an EXCELLENT woofer. I'm using an M6, and it hasn't disappointed me at all.

The D7 amplifiers are the old Esoteric amps, and are VERY VERY nice pieces of equipment. [/b][/quote]
    Well, then it would be difficult to carry a high end line with just a few products like one sub line and a few amps... these amps are nice but not that nice for what they cost either... ;)

9. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Well, then it would be difficult to carry a high end line with just a few products like one sub line and a few amps... these amps are nice but not that nice for what they cost either... ;) [/b][/quote]
    They have two excellent sub lines dude...TDX and the M6. Have you ever looked at their website? It seems obvious you have very little understanding of their product line.

And the amps aren't that nice? Quite a few people swear the D7 (Esoterics) are THE best amps they've heard. The D5 series is supposed to be rock solid as well.

As far as the speakers, that is personal taste. There are those that LOVE the Hex series. And they can be installed in quite a few vehicles that no other speakers of decent quality fit. I realize you're using the Illusion ND6, but you do know what happened to Illusion, right?

Basically, you're talking shit about a company you know next to nothing about. All of their sub lines are quite good for their price points, and the amplifiers are excellent as well.

10. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

thanks guys,
    im currently working on alpine... hopefully i can get that today.
    i can also get kenwood excelon...but its gonna cost.
    Pioneer premier is also on the list.

11. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

ID would be a very nice choice... ;) Excelon? ugh, cough...

12. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

13. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

14. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Mmats, my apologies... getting into a pissing match on your thread while you are trying to solicit some comments on your proposed product line is the last thing I would do... I simply stated my opinion based on the equipment I auditioned or used from Diamond Audio... Unfortunately my comments did not go well with chadillac who decided to defend DA on your thread... My apologies again and nice product line for starters, if things do not sell, you can always change the product line...

15. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Peter,

Actually, this type of discussion is quite good for MMATS to see, IMO. Obviously my opinion of DA in general is quite a bit higher than your's, but at least he know's people have opinions about it and what we think about it.

BTW, DA is by no means the end-all, but I didn't like your tone that basically was suggesting they suck, whereas I consider most of their products to be on the "higher end" scale of things. I apologize for being a bit on the aggressive side, but I do think most people would agree that DA is fairly high end, even if many think it is overpriced. That was the message I was trying to convey.

And once I get done posting, I don't worry about this stuff, so I don't take it personal. I do, however, somewhat enjoy heated arguments, which is why I don't hesitate to take it up a notch. :)

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

last I checked Premier had a very high buy in something like $25,0000

17. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Personally i'm not sure i would run DA stuff because of the price. Aside from that, they have an excellent product line from what i've seen. I think the brand recognition is much better than that of Dynaudio or Focal (of the lines peter mentioned). I do not care whatsoever for the components, but their amps and subs have always been top notch. For a shop, they would definitely be a great choice.

18. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Lets Drop the DA Crap

no More, Getting out of had

One of your likes them One of you dont, fine

I would run Pyle before I run RE, I personally feel RE is nothing more than a HUGE paper weight

most people disagree

fine....

Let is drop

Have a Nice Day B)

19. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

:jawdrop:

Woah, Woah, Woah! Wait a second.... are you speaking of Resonant Engineering? Why on earth would you not run them? They are some of the best ubersubs out there!

Pardon me if I misread somthing :blush:

20. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

:jawdrop:

Woah, Woah, Woah! Wait a second.... are you speaking of Resonant Engineering? Why on earth would you not run them? They are some of the best ubersubs out there!

Pardon me if I misread somthing :blush: [/b][/quote]
    yes I am speaking of Resonant Engineering

You want Reasons

hmmm

1. No QC
    2. Bad Ethics
    3. Terrible Web Site (not all that important but what the hell :lol: )
    4. Bad Reps (teampsi on CAF hs no professionalism at all)
    5. Bad Ethics
    6. No QC
    7. Bad Ethics
    8. No QC
    9. Badd Ethics
    10. no QC

did I say NO QC and Bad Ethics??????????