Problem with the audio system

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ebreaka, May 8, 2010.

1. ebreaka

ebreaka New Member

Recently, I noticed a problem with the audio system in my car. When i was turning off the engine and taking off the keys, the radio was still playing... no key the keep the car ON. I had the problem for maybe 2 weeks. When i was forgetting to take the front face, the audio was keeping being on.

Now, the problem dramatically changed. As soon I start the engine, the audio is turning off... I can't listen anymore to the audio system when the engine is on. If I turn the key into the accessory mode of the car, now the radio is working... The problem I had before about the radio that was staying "on" is fine now. It's not doing this anymore... Just the radio is turning off when i start the engine and no way i can turn it back ON when the engine is running...

Any idea what could be the problem of preventing the radio working when the engine is on ?

thanks,
    any help would be apreciated

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Who installed the Radio? If it was a shop take it back and let them know whats up.

3. ebreaka

ebreaka New Member

I bought the car with the radio as it is... its been working alright for almost 1 year before it started to freaking out... The only option i have is to fix by myself... hopefully someone will get good advices

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i'd say take the deck out and check all the connections. maybe something is loose like the ignition wire.

5. ebreaka

ebreaka New Member

I did it, at first, and everything was looking fine... I'll try next to unplug ALL wires...

Also wondering if it could be a fuse problem at this time ?

6. brookethom

brookethom Member

I think you must required service to your audio stereo, and some wiring problem possible, yu can repair it without any technician, read some article related it.

7. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

What kind of car? What radio is in it?