Power Questions

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fb4076, Jan 18, 2004.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Is 1400 watts to two 12-inch L7's enough power? too much? what would you recommend. Also, do any of you guys know anything about the kicker warranty? Is it good enough to go ahead and spend the 350+ when I could go to a non-authorized dealer and pay 185? For the difference in prices I could almost just buy another one if the original breaks from the unauthorized dealer.

2. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Oh, and what amp would ya'll recommend for those subs.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well it all depends on who the unauthorized dealer is

some will stand behind the products, some will not

Also you can try and have Sounddomain.com Price match ;)

and power handling is directly dependant on box size, so with out knowing the box I can not say weather or not they can handle that power, thermally they should be ok

4. ASM

ASM Full Member

:rolleyes:

Yeah, you can't forget about Sounddomain's pricematch.

Seriously though, what have you got to lose in trying it? If you do, let us know what they say.

If the box size is right, I think ~1400 watts would match up pretty nicely with the L7s.

5. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

The box size is 5.65 cubic ft. for the two subs, it is ported, and the subs do not share air, it is evenly split

6. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

That doesn't matter much. though if one blows it could save the other.

Get a Hifonics B1500D for like $270

In 5.6 you'll be fine with 1500 watts. I bought my 15 L7s unauthorized and have been giving them 1200 watts each, no problems...

7. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Ok, well, then where would you recommend to purchase that amp (B1500D)?

8. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Really? I thought that it would affect the way that the subs sounded if they were sharing air...

9. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

Really? I thought that it would affect the way that the subs sounded if they were sharing air... [/b][/quote]
    nope

10. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Ok, I where should I buy that amp you mentioned. Also, if I were to have two 12-inch L7's, with 1500 watts to the two of them, and they were in the box I mentioned, what SPL would they produce in a Range Rover? I know it won't be totally accurate, but just a guess.

11. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Good Deal if you can trust a Ebay Seller...... :p

13. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

You know what, using GIANT fonts that don't even fit on your screen, forcing you to scroll left and right, is not cool...

It screams "I'm one cheesy bastard, I have a moustache and plaid suit that I wear to my day job as a used car salesman."

:rolleyes:

Good price, and he's got lots of feedback... I've heard of that seller before... but one obnoxious, flea-market style auction ad for sure....

14. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

ok, just wondering, what would the two L7's hit in the Range Rover? Would it be like 130's? much lower? much higher?

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

there is only one "large" seller on their that I have see with professional well layout auction designs.....

What does that tell you about ebay???

16. ASM

ASM Full Member

That one doesn't need to take the time to look professional on eBay :huh:

Who is it? I'd like to see their auctions.

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

"hookedontronics"

they have a nice web site and nice ebay auctions

I dont know much about them or their Reliablyt

they only offer 6mo warranties, but most of their prices are below dealer cost