Possible New Car, Would Like Opinions

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I recently have gotten the chance to purchase a 1994 or 1995 Nissan Sentra. The person I talked to was not shure which year it really is. Its got 45k miles on it. It was used for making small trips to the other side of town.

Now, what are your opionions on the car? I will not be ricing it out. I know its not a powerfull car. Maybe a cold air intake, new plugs/wires, and replacing filters all around. I will probably be tinting the windows to the legal limit. I might put some middle cheap wheels on it.

Anyone have any experiences with this year car? From the reviews I read they seem to be pretty reliable. Are they a bitch to work on mechanically? Are there more than one engine sizes? Should I stay away from a certain engine or transmission? Is it known for a certain part to fail? Its an auto. I will be putting my system in it. Can I expect massive unfixable rattling? How about the size of the alternator? Do the rear seats fold down? Are they an ok car for SQ?

Thanks guys.

2. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Not ricing it out? Damn.......we lost one :rolleyes:

Be careful with the cold air especially if you live where it rains like crazy. If you get any water into the CAI say goodbye to your engine. Most people buy a SRM and an CAI an alternate them accordingly. I know I cant have a CAI in NJ because It rains like no other here. My friend has a sentra...its the civic of nissan. Nothing out of the ordinary. A good car for driving from point A to point B and with 45K you still have 100K left if you treat her right.

I personally dont know all the info on the transimission or anyhting but that info can be easily attainable. It better be stick though B)

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

The person I talked to wasnt shure if it was stick or not. Although its most likley an auto.

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Go here

This forum is great......ask all your questions and they will be answered fast and correct :D

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Woah, I thought they just had computer stuff...