Please help with Amplifier decision!

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by QIK WAGN, Jul 17, 2006.

1. QIK WAGN

QIK WAGN Full Member

Hey everyone, yes yes I am new. But not too new at the car audio world. I have a question however. I have a Dodge Magnum RT and am in the process of purchasing and installing a system...I just have a question as to what amplifier I should get for my subs.

I need to power 2 (two) Rockford Fosgate T212D2 subwoofers in possibly a sealed enclosure (if possible) or vented.

I also need to power the speakers, I got the Rockford Fosgate T162S components (4). I am unsure what amp I should get to power these as well.

I am looking to stay within the Rockford family, but if you have any suggestions, please help me out!!

Thank you for any inquiry in advance
    Matt

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Check out this site, here is the link to the RF amps....

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_categories.asp?cat_id=2&locale=en_US

The 25 to life series looks ok..... The views ofthe circuit boards dont look like anything from the old school RF amps however. The Power 1000 might be a good choice for ya though, 5 channels, lots of power, easy to install....

But I dont know much about the new RF amps as far as quaility and power ratings. Thye used to be king of the road, heck i still have an ORIGINAL old, old school punch 45, i think it still works!

3. QIK WAGN

QIK WAGN Full Member

Thanks for the information, I am quite familiar with the website (I cant seem to get my eyes off of it). I have no need for 5 channels, I am having a dedicated sub amp (T20001BD) and I am thinking probably the 800 watt rockford for the speakers...not sure though.

Any complaints about Rockford high end equipment anyone?

4. ibanezFreak87

ibanezFreak87 Full Member

I never really liked RF. They just didn't seem special to me. But to each his own. I've never seen an RF system over hit my Infinity.

5. QIK WAGN

QIK WAGN Full Member

interesting, my last system was all infinity, except for the amps. had kappa speakers and kappa perfect 12 sub in sealed enclosure with RF amps...sounded good in my jeep, but didnt hit hard enough.

6. lijlaudioli

lijlaudioli Full Member

Honestly, ive had great rockford products in my life, but ive had the best quality, luck with JL Audio!!! i have had all the JL amps and ill tell ya, they are CLEAN, and EFFICIENT, i have 2 10" w7's running off a JL 1000/1 and LOUD and the amp just gets warm. i have a 300/4 running the mids which are also JL and i have had soooo many compliments...... JL is expensive but you can get very affordable jl on ebay or craigslist!

good luck,

in my shop, we dont sell JL but rockford and eclipse!