Please Help! My New Amp Sounds Like Crap!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by xboxps3wow, Jan 4, 2011.

1. xboxps3wow

xboxps3wow New Member

I got lanzar VIBE 262 Amp (i know they aren't the best, but I thought it would be good enough) and after connecting everything, it works, but I have a problem
    I connected the amp to 2 12' kicker subs at 4ohms. The problem is that they sound like sh1t and don't even shake my car a tiny bit! I used to have a small amp that put out 80 rms per channel and the rear view mirror shook from it. This amp puts out 300rms/channel and they subs move a lot and fast, but they move fast and not deep like that should (sorry, i can't really explain, but i hope you guys understand)
    Basically, instead of going
    boom boom boom
    they go
    trr trr trr trr trr
    and I can't even feel the subs move in my seat.
    Anyone know why is it doing that and what can I do? I played with levels and gains and not much difference.
    Here is a video explaining exactly what I'm talking about:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAsFcc1OLw

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

how is the amp set? is the low pass crossover on?

are they wired out of phase maybe? to find out just swap one of the speaker wires around.

3. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

I'm sure the hpf is switched on instead of the lpf.My friend had that same problem with an alpine amp.He thought that he needed a new amp,but I just flipped the switch and he was good to go.

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

how high do you have your gains set, maybe a little higher. You dont mention distortion, so try turning your gains up a bit and see what happens.

5. jaa20

jaa20 Full Member

i have a lanzar vibe 286 and it blows man waste of money