Plans for Speaker installation

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Dayrave, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Dayrave

Dayrave New Member

Okay so i have 2 180w Bumper speakers(will add more info on them when i get them) sitting in my dads house and i want to put them to use,theres one problem though,the car has no space in the front so i thought why not just put them in the trunk? So thats my plan so far,now i was wondering if making a homemade enclosure out of plywood would work well. This will be my first time making an enclosure btw. My next question is what kind of amp can i use for both those speakers? And is there an amp that can power those to speakers plus my future sub? Dont really have a budget to spend on so it will be appreciated if yall stayed on the lowest prices available :)

Thanks

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Installing the subs in the trunk will yield better sub bass performance than sitting in the front generally speaking, so that is not a bad idea. however, I would like to recomend the use of MDF or even particle board over the use of plywood. Use 3/4" material. The use of plywood generally is not a good idea...it does not glue up well, does not like screws going into the edges of it, it easily splits out, and can , over time, delaminate and cause really annoying buzzes and rattles when bass notes hit! So lets stick with particle board or MDF.