Placement of tweeters

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by 02RangerX-cab, Aug 14, 2002.

1. 02RangerX-cab

02RangerX-cab Full Member

Well my Alpine comps came in today so I was thinking about putting them in this weekend. The only question I have is should I put the tweeters up near the windshield on the a-frame or in the doors. I want the install to look as good as I can make it. Do you think they would sound OK if I put them behind the door panels with the Mids? The stock speaker is a 6x8 and my Alpines are 6.5's so I could maybe get them behind the panel. I just want to make sure they sound good. Any help please....

Scott

BTW: I can't wait to get the money to get my Cadence amp. I made $100.00 today installing a router for some lady. If I was rich I think I would still buy the Cadence, that is one cool looking amp.

:flag:

^^---this is a cool picture......................................

2. trifle

trifle Full Member

typically, most people like to keep their tweets and mids somewhat close to prevent "separation" ... but really...you should just put the mids in (i assume they're going into the doors) and move the tweet around (or better yet, have someone do it for you) to where you like it, i'm sure you could make a plate to accomodate a 6.5 mid and a tweeter in the old 6X8 spot...or use the mounting location for that as a base for DIY door pods...you want it to look good right? :D

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah, keep em close together. However, mounting them behind a grille cloth is no good. If it is a metal grille that's fine, but rug and cloth may absorb some of the tweeters output.