Pictures of the ongoing project.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by wild-bill, Aug 5, 2010.

1. wild-bill

wild-bill Full Member

I'm using the factory radio now. The JVC head unit was temporarily hooked up while laying in the seat. It gave the amps better, cleaner sound with lower bass frequencies, so I ordered an installation kit for it.

[​IMG]

This little Clarion EQ is awesome. The sub level control is the icing on the cake. I did nopt want to slit the carpet to run the wires underneath, so I will have to get used to this look. There was no other practical location to mount it where I could easily reach it, so I made the little stand out of MDF and found some paint close to the color of the carpet. The seats look different colors in the photo-how weird.

[​IMG]

The wires digitally removed in Photoshop. That looks better!

[​IMG]

The Alpine powers the rear speakers and the Blau runs the 2 MTX 10s. The original trunk carpet would not have allowed the amps to be mounted due to the shape it's molded in, so I had to cut it out. 2 pieces of plywood were mounted under amps and black carpet.

[​IMG]

The trunk mess. When I'm finish running the cables underneath the carpet, I can put the spare tire back up in the right side of the "shelf". Future bass plans are 1 Alpine Type R 10" and Alpine MRP-M500. And the Blau will power the front speakers.

[​IMG]

And after all these years, they finally started putting tachs in the Grand Marquis in 2006-l love it!

[​IMG]

And here's the car in front of the Amtrak station in McComb, MS.

[​IMG]