Pictures Of My Truck

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Nov 17, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well here you go, Some Pics of my Truck, as I bought it

Things on the To Do list

1> Install new Stereo, (winter time so i am not doing much till summer, I have a prefabbed box I am installing 2 12's in and then this summer I am making a Box for all 3 12's B)

2> Replace Window Tint with Darker, Chrome Faded Tint

3> Repair Small Rust Holes in Both Rear Fenders, and add Finder Skirts

4> New Bed Liner (spray on), or Cover

5> Touch up a Couple of the Scratchs

6. a Good Buffing and polishing for the paint

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

you can see the ass end of my trusty old thunderbird in the back ground in this one

3. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

nice....i don't think i could drive a regular cab though...

hard to believe it's over 10 years old

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Holy cow... post large enough pictures?
    I unloaded the dishwasher and they still weren't done.. :rolleyes:

Ah, there it is.

Hey, it's a riced-out truck!
    Non-functioning hood snorkels, a ram-bar across the front, and a "no fear" sticker on a bug deflector! :lol:

j/k.. doesn't look bad... maybe you can get those snorkels painted.. ;)

I'd personally get rid of the chrome door edging.
    And hey, if you've got some bodywork/repaint time coming, remove the rubber/chrome molding that goes down the sides of the truck and over the fenders, if you were looking to smooth it out. That would definitely make it look more upscale/custom. B)

FYI... I got $300 for my "ram bar" and taillight "guards" ( :rolleyes: )off my Pathfinder on Ebay.
    I'll be selling the step-bars next. ;)

Finally...
    Please don't do that ghetto-fabulous chrome-fade tint... :blink:

It would actually look really cool to do dark-red tint on the side windows (ever seen that?) and dark black tint in the back window/sunvisor, which will hide the fact that you have a slider rear window, rather than make those black upright lines stand out. B)

Truck looks nice though, this was the choo-choo customs option apparently?

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Get a Faster Modem :lol:
    ha ha,

Like I said, this is the way I bought it

If I have the Money this summer I am replacing the hood with the 3in Cowl Induction hood anyway

Proablly will,

I dont know, we will see, Tint will probally have to be a Spring Project anyway, forcast says it will be getting cold again really soon, so.......
    thanks and

Yes this is the one that I was Asking about Choo Choo Customs on

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Geo and his 56K LOL!!! ;)

I like it. I like the scoops actually, just as they are. I am not a big cowl hood fan,
    most of them look obnoxious. I like the low slung dual black scoops, I wouldn't
    change a thing (unless you feel like opening the scoops to make them somewhat functional).

Chris, hollaring "ricer" in one instant, and in the next suggesting red tint... LOL
    dude, you are funny!!!

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well, the truck is dark red. B)
    Would make the windows tone-out a bit...

The rice thing to do, would be to do bright blue tint, or yellow. ;)

And those cowl hoods are sort of a dime-a-dozen...
    What would be cool would be to take it beyond obnoxious...
    Like a 12" tall, 18" wide cowl induction hood...
    The sort of thing that would fog your windows on humid nights, something to make owning a clear distributor cap an enjoyable interior entertainment item... :D

8. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

As far as I can tell, it already has a sprayed in liner.

But If instead it is just really dirty with black mud, then get Linex. The shop I work at is outside sales for them, and they seem to be the most durable.

But if you plan on covering it, then this is the way to do it.

Oh, and you also have to add these:
    [​IMG]

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

LOL!!! Steven you are nuts!!! :lmfao:

10. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

That was a good pun Seth. :D

But we actually sell those at the shop I work at. Remember, the place is called Whizzy's. Because of that picture, we sell them all over the country.

I always joke about them though. I figure they should make the blue ones smaller. And I always tell the customer to stay away from the green ones.

Also, I want to have a custom trailer hitch plug made up that says "Remove to plug mother-in-law". I figure it will sell really well.

11. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Nice truck mike. Black tint, dont ghetto up your ride with colored tint. I had a buddy that drove a nice looking rodeo, threw some chrome blue tint that faded to black on it, and i hated the truck from that point on.

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

thnks for the comments

Steven, No that is not a REAL bed liner, just someone Cheap Excuse for a Liner, and Line-X, well the closest dealer is like 50-60 miles away, all I have it Rino Linings here in town...

but the Cover is cool...

About the Tint, like everything, it is all in the Application. How the Product is installed in the car/truck, that can either set the ride off, or destory its look forever. I have seen just as many appilcations with the chrome to black tint that look great as I have had that look terriable

Just like you can have a award winning Stereo install, or a install that sounds like Wet Cardboard using the same componets..

All in the Application

13. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

3 things:

1.) Red tint is ugly.

2.) Chrome fading tint is ugly.

3.) Anyone with any kind of tint other than black deserves to have their nuts tied to

a roller coaster.

Nice truck mikey. Hell of a lot better looking than mine *puke*

But hey, at least I don't have gay tint :p

Jeff

14. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Aw, you stole my next experiment idea...

:D

15. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

wow nice truck Mike!

16. Polecat

Polecat Full Member

Looks like a 'hick' truck....just kidding...pretty nice. :) :yes:

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yopu should have seen my First Choice, a 1988 Surburban on 33' tires :lol:

but the guy wanted WAY to much for it, and it was not even in remotly as good condition, so I passed

18. nismo

nismo Full Member

how bout 30's on a stock 97 s10? and itll still run high rpms on the highway. my truck runs 3k rpm at crusing speed...im hoping to get that down to 2500, but 30's will only take me to 2650.

4.10 rears + overdrive = 3k @ 70 :rifle:

eric :stupid:

19. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Ha, I wish I could get my truck down to 3k on the highway. I have 35's on an F-150, that 4.6 liter engine doesn't do too well with the tires. Not stock though, had to lift it, that is probably what you guy consider hick too..........

20. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

just change the gears

You should anyway anytime you go to big tires like that, if not you put too much strain on your engine and tranny and shortens thier life span

and dont forget the speedo gear or your speedometer will be off