Pg Ti's, The Refurbs

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kennyg, Jan 19, 2004.

1. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Who knows anything about em? I just picked up a pair of the 12's. Do they really have 18mm xmax? And, does anybody know much about a box for them, I can't find specs anywhere. Thanks.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

PG TIs are pretty nice subs. They get loud and sound pretty good doing it. I'll see if I can find you some spect when I get home... I think I got them in a PDF.

What did you get them for?

3. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

I paid $110 for them, in a sealed box. They are about 2 weeks old.

4. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Yes, they really do 18 mm Xmax. Stephen Ponte confirmed that when he was still working for DLC.

I have one in the wife's car that I'm probably going to put in my car, and a Ti10d in her car. Build quality is top notch (no bullshitting) and they sound fantastic. Ben at eD played with my Ti12 and he commented that he thought it used the same motor as the O series. :ph34r:

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Wow, he could tell all that by playing with it? Interesting :rolleyes:

KG, killer deal. I mean a killer deal. You will be most pleased.

6. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Well, at least the same size motor, and I think they might have been made at TC Sounds, but don't quote me on it.

7. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Actually very decent subs but when they bottom out they bottom out hard as hell

8. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Must take some power to do it...I've used up to about 500 and never had one bottom out, even when ported. Of course, this wasn't a test tone, just amplifier power.

9. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

in our shop we run 500 rms to 1 and man we can make it bottom out easy as hell

10. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Interesting...you're the first person I've heard with that problem, but that would be more output than I want/need, so I wouldn't know.