Permanent Spark Plug!

Discussion in 'Car Repair' started by Christopherbean, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Christopherbean

Christopherbean Full Member

I have a 98 Jeep grand Cherokee that I was changin the plug the other day.Got them all but the rear passenger side. I went to turn it out but all I got was about half a turn and that was it? ( no, I didn't do them the last time) Well It won't move but half a turn in or out. I had the same problem on the driver side when I first changed them. It broke..I panicked! But I had room and got a EZ out and finnaly got it out, with a lot of praying! Should I try the same on the pass side? not a lot of room with the 5.2.

2. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

spray some WD-40 or some PB Blaster on the threads and let it work its way in and that should make it come loose.

3. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

2 things everyone must have in their tool box....wd-40 and JB weld....lol

4. Throttletune

Throttletune Full Member

To be honest, I rarely see that in a steel head engine. But my method is...I first have the front office call the customer to inform the them that a plug may break. They are made aware of the situation, and told the vehicle is drivable at this point. If they decide to OK the attempted removal of the plug, I will apply HEET to it. That stuff for muscle aches you can get at the drug store. I let it sit for a couple of hours, then I take my half inch impact gun on that thing. Once it starts spinning, I don't stop till it's out. Knock on wood, I haven't failed yet.