overwhelmed with install...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Slump_Da_Hustla, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

I'm attemting to install my entire system myself for the first time an I'm about ready to just say fuck it and pay somebody to do it. I managed to get the subs wired and in the box but now I'm pretty much stumped. I have no Idea how the fuck to run the power wire from the trunk to the battery. I can't find anywhere to run it through the firewall. There's one spot, but it's way down low and the power wire would run up under the engine. That doesn't sound right... The shyt is just frustrating me cuz I've fucked up on some real simple shit before and I don't want to destroy any of my equiptment cuz I'm trying to save a few bucks and install everything myself. At the same time though I'm tired of looking at all this shit laying around my house and thinking "hmm, wonder what them there speakers sound like..." Should I just break down and fork out the cash to one of the local rip-off shops that I despise? I know a few people that have offered to help me, but when I tell them the details of the install (3 amps, comps in the dash, attempting some type of amp rack, etc.) They seem just as intimidated as I am... I don't know. Maybe I'll take up knitting.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Drill a new hole, I never look for a factory hole, too much time and trouble, just as easy to make a new one, get a rubber grommet the same size as your wire or use some silicone to reseal the hole once you put the wire through, the grommet is the prefferd method

Knitting, Hello there grandma :D

It is not that hard, all you need is a drill and a hammer

"if it dont fit, make it!!!!" :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

There's also all these goddamn wires in my dash. I'm sort of afraid I'll drill through some wires and all of a sudden my car won't start. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll take another look at it and see if I can figure somthing out...

4. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Yes just drill a hole like mike said. As far as running the wire the plasic sill (Im assuming you have them since most car do) just pop up usualyl and you can run the wire under there. If its too much wire then just take a seat out of the car and run it under there. The seats arent usualy hard to get up you just have to usually get some sort of torx bit and and just unscrew about 5 screws. Overall its not real hard to do.

And your tired of having your stuff laying around....

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hazard269/vwp?....rc=ph%26.view=t

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hazard269/lst?....+CD8051&.view=t

Think how I feel...That stuff will be sitting there till summer at the earliest. :D I just got the Eclipse radio and Im like damn I wanna put my stuff in. Then I get the amps on monday which is gonna make it even worse.