Over heating amp????

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by E-dubb, Jun 8, 2006.

1. E-dubb

E-dubb Full Member

I have a Xtant 603X Powering my 4 Polk interior speakers and its getting very very hot (it burnt me to the touch)

ANY SUGGESTIONS

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Check if you have a good ground first.

You could get some 12V cooling fans.

3. ramos

ramos Full Member

Not to familiar with xtant amps. Like was said check the ground. make sure it's bolted securely, and to a paint free metal surface. How is the amp mounted ? Is it two or four channels ? What impedence are the speakers your pushing with it ? Are your gains set properly ? Don't ya just love it when people answer questions with questions :)

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Lol thats not fair...you can't answer a question with another question!!! hhaha

5. JMlzT

JMlzT Full Member

Need more info.

What kind of speakers are they (Polk yes, but what model)?

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Xtant amps are made by Mitek, which is the parent company of MTX. they are of very good quality. Amps usually run quite warm to the touch, most of us dont know it cause they are mounted in the trunk. But the question is, is it shutting down and going into protection mode, if its not shutting down its probably ok. just wondering what guage wire you are running, also how are your speakers wired, What impedence. Also did this just start or has this been a problem since it was installed?