Orion HCCA 10.4 VS Alpine Type-X 10 inch OR seggustions

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kostyam69, Sep 25, 2011.

1. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

i currently own an Alpine Type-X 10 inch subwoofer (1000rms, 3000 peak), i do believe its on the verge of blowing, if it hasn't yet.... i have to have my bass so i need to make a decision quick as my Type-X is starting to sound like a voice coil is going out at certain volume.... so here's what i want, looking at Orion HCCA 10 inch sub (1500rms, 3000 peak) or just to replace my current sub and turn down my amp (prefer not to) i will say i LOVE the bass that 1 speakers produces, but i need to be back on top with my sound quality..... amp is kicker zx1000.1 at half-way gain.
    if anyone has experience with the Orion sub or the brand itself please let me know.... if you can recommend another sub that's 1000rms+ i want to know.... thanks

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I am die hard orion, although that was from the inception of the company many moons ago.... today no chlue....BUT...I would take a chance on them today

3. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

ya ive been seriously considering getting one here lately.... still looking for best price though, and of-course to get a box made too

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what kind of budget are you working with?

im a big RE fan now... they are great subs and sound great.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  5. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

well i was expecting to pay bout $300 for the speaker, than realized that this monster would blow my current probox to pieces.... so now I'm looking to get a box made for it.... so right now im looking at about $500.... dont really want to spend THAT much, will have to be a gradual project..... bills aren't leaving much play money these days.... ive heard of RE speakers though, good things.... but i only one to spend money ONCE on a speaker so i has to be outrageously durable, because i punish my system like it should be :)