OPINIONS for these 12-inch subs?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jigga4runna, May 28, 2006.

1. jigga4runna

jigga4runna New Member

AUDIOBAN AW1251T

12" natural sound woofer
    400 watts RMS
    800 watts ACH power
    45 oz strontium magnet
    frequency response 24 Hz to 1 kHz
    efficiency 92.1 dB
    poly coated 2 layer non pressed paper cone
    2" 4layer black aluminum voice coil

dual 4 ohm voice coils
    2 or 8 ohm operation
    bumped and vented polished t-yoke
    lug lock terminals
    rubber gasket and magnet mesh cover

mounting dimensions:
    - Depth: 5 1/4"
    - hole: 11 1/4"
    - diameter: 12 1/4"

Okay.... well, here's my situation: I know a guy selling these subs. $55 a piece. (I plan on getting 2 of theses twelves). Its brand new cuz i've already checked them out myself. think its worth it? I mean, I only know so little about subs and all these different details... but yeah....

THINK ITS WORTH IT??? lemme kno...
    or, AM I BETTER OFF GETTING SOME OTHER BRAND and/or better quality?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Personally I'm not a fan of Audiobahn, especially their lower end stuff.

I would say save up a little more and get something of better quality and be a lot happier.

How much are you looking to spend? How any subs? 10's 12's 15's?

We'll happily help you out.

You seem like you do not know much about car audio but thats why we're here, to help you out.

3. jigga4runna

jigga4runna New Member

okay... well, i'm thinking about spending anywhere up to 400 for the subs... if i could, then i would get some JLs... but i was just thinking if the 2 twelves for 55 was a good deal....

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yes its a good deal. But those subs are crap.

5. Streetz

Streetz Full Member

What he said.

Remember, you get what you pay for. The better the more costly.

6. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

I agree.. I have a friend who's a total cheapskate, and I just built a box for his 2 12" sdat subs (something like thirty bucks each at overstock). I hated to do it, but he's a good bud, even though he's kindof a moron.

anyway.. they sound like crap to me, and I don't even want him to tell people that I built the box (even though it looks nice). But.. He's delighted with it, so I guess it really depends on what you want from your system.

I would totally recommend saving up for a little while longer and getting better equipment, unless you want your friends to post stuff like this about you.:)

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

You can get those subs if you want but all you'll have is one blurry bass note all the time. lol