OMG HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Matt5L, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Matt5L

Matt5L Guest

I bought some FOCAL POLYKEVLAR 6.5" Component set off the internet. They are on their way but I forgot to check if they will fir in the doors the mounting depth might be too big.

Does anyone know the mounting depth of the door speaker in a foxbody mustang or is there a site I can check?

OR DOES ANYONE KNOW SOMEONE WITH FOCAL SPEAKERS IN THEIR DOORS OF THEIR 1987-1993 MUSTANG?

Is there anyway I can make them fit if the mounting depth is too shallow?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. ASM

ASM Full Member

According to crutchfield, the depth on your doors is 2 1/8 inches. I believe the focals are around 2.5 inches. You can get a spacer to put inbetween the door and the woofers. If you can cut wood, you can just make yourself some rings to space it out.

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yep, just make a baffle out of 3/4" MDF or something similar, and you'll be fine. If not, don't roll your windows down all the way :p since that's all that'd block it.

4. Matt5L

Matt5L Guest

if I made a spacer my door pannel/speaker grill wont go back on

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Can you take a pic??? I've got a spacer/baffle behind my door panel, and we had to round the edges a bit, but my doorpanels will snap back on. If the mid is almost flush-mounted to the door panel itself, then you might just have to use the grill that comes w/ the mid and try to do some custom work around it to make it look decent.

A pic of your door would help though if possible...

6. Matt5L

Matt5L Guest

Yea my stock grills are shallow like the speaker goes into the door pannel and the grills are just for look they are flat pretty much just with the grill look to them...ILL TRY AND GET PICS

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

kick Pods

nuff said