Ok Just Maybe......

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by spyder3634, Oct 23, 2003.

1. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

hey everyone, seems like the site is going great. i havent been here in awhile, soccer is life right now, we are 4 games away from state championship.......but it was my birthday yesterday, the big 18..... :D but my speakers are blown in my eclipse and i was thinking about new ones, but instead i might just buy what i need to finish my system. now i was looking at cd players, i like the panasonic 903u, as for amps anyone heard about TRU or Avionixx?? also for speakers, i need good front speakers of course, i have been out for so long, whats good now a days?? well maybe ill be back on more, hope so......just wanted to say hey...... :p

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

You blew all your speakers! I don't want to know how that happened...
    Let's assume it's not because "you didn't hear them distorting" :lol:

As replacements, I'd highly recommend the JL XR comp set - I'm running that in my Civic, and it really doesn't fail to please... particularly it's the tweeter that I'm most addicted to - that's the part of a component set that you usually have a list of faults by the time you've got some real seat-time in with it... I don't have a single complaint about the XR's.
    You can also check out the JBL GTi comp set - I heard that set and fell in love, but it's 2x the price of the XR set locally here... other people have told me that it's the same price, in other areas of the country (I find that hard to believe... MSRP is a full $700). Worth the pleasure of checking out though.

Phew, TRU.. good taste there.
    "Entry-level" TRU amps I believe start out at about $1K, for very mild power levels. B)

The Avionixx amps are supposed to be very good, I helped CAF's Krelkor start an install, as he was passing through from Toronto back home to Louisiana for the summer. He's no doubt got some comments, if you're looking for first-person experience.

Stop by more often, we need a bit more activity around here!

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

The entry level TRU amps are much less than $1k... If they were anywhere near that i wouldn't have two of them :). They are the best sounding amp i've ever heard. If you're interested more specifically in the cost of them, look up dingaling on ECA (EliteCarAudio) for more details. I got both my 4.65 and 2.100 for well under $1k total.

As far as Avionixx goes...i only know one person who has tried the amps, and he bought a 600.4 to try out. When he first hooked it up he thought something was wrong with the amp because of the sound, but after sending it in for repair, they determined the amp was fully functional.... Now i don't know if the amp truly was messed up and they couldn't figure it out, but this guy now runs a TRU 4.65. There's a decent chance he'll reply to this thread eventually, so i'll let him explain more if he does.

4. trifle

trifle Full Member

i'm still kicking myself for not picking up a jbl gti comp set for 270...full warranty...oh well...diy will be my next order of business for comps :)

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Spyder, hmmm, I vaguely remember that name :p . Getting a bit too big for the little people huh?

Adire Koda 6.1 comps of course ;)

[​IMG]

6. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

thanks guys, i saw TRU on ED's site and figured they were cheaper.....hmmmmm

the speaker ideas sound great, im definetly thinking a comp set...

oh and my speakers were blown when i got the car, lol, but now they are getting annoying.....

:p

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Go DIY for the comp set and get a 4 channel amp so you can biamp :). It'll come out cheaper in the long run ;).

8. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

ok well ive done some searching and found an amp for my subs, its an avionixx 1800 watt amp. now i think im gonna need an amp for the fronts and avionixx doesnt make one that will fit the bill, so what other small amps for the fronts??

also, what are my options for fronts? prolly wanna go with comp set but a cheaper one around 125 or so

one more thing, what am i looking at for wires? maybe a small amp kit for the smaller amp, and bigger stuff for the sub amp etc??

man ive been outta it for so long........ :(