ok guys, my first post in month

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by spyder3634, Aug 19, 2002.

1. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

well, i have been working everyday and playing a ton of paintball. i am on a team and will be traveling to events in the winter. anyway, from working so much i am looking for a car and i really like eagle talons. well if i got one i would add rims, lower it, and put on an exhaust, no rice just performance parts. anyway, i will definetly need a system and wanted to know, since ive been away, if anything new has come out that is worth checking out. i really need to be loud for as cheap as possible. im talking like under 900 for everything. i know mike has the best prices and i will buy from him but i have no idea what to get anymore. thanks sorry its so long:)

2. JohnBlayz142

JohnBlayz142 Full Member

DEFINITELY the new e15k's...better than the old a's, smaller box requirements, and 100$!!!!

hurry up and pre order one now!!

one of these will be loud enough man trust me..and the eclipse might be a better choice because i hear of a lot of problems with talons...good luck :)

3. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

well i dont have the money now, but i would get 2 of the e15k's and make them fit. i havent heard anything bad about talons, and insurance is cheaper just because it doesnt have the name "eclipse".......lol:p

4. ryno4

ryno4 Full Member

blah ! Eagle Talons ew!
    there a rip off of mitsubishi eclipses.

I like the newer ones (Talons) but the old ones are, eh..

5. trifle

trifle Full Member

900 for everything...ok...

comps - some of last years crystal components....bout 130 shipped from sounddomain

comp amp - us acoustics 80X2 amp from www.thezeb.com - 85

subs - elemental bwahhaha, 2 e15k's or e12k's... dunno if you'll make the preorder so i'll say around 260...

sub amp - shit join teamamp if you're not already...pick up that revolution...5% off with discount makes it around 352 and then you got a 50 dolla certificate with that...get you some accessories unless you can use the certificate on the amp...

that puts you at 825 assuming the amp will cost 352....

i think that'd be a killer setup for the money...install accessories might put it a tad over 900

6. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

thanks for the suggestions, heres what i was thinking:

front: cadence coax (95)
    front amp: cadence q2000 (100)
    subs: e15k's (260)
    sub amp: cadence z7000 (380)

i might need a less powerful sub amp i dont know anything about e15k's just that they are very good. i dont know ohm configs. or ratings......

that totals up to about 840, then i add wire etc. i will be a little over 900 but that would be a loud system....anymore opinons?

and oh ya, the talon will be a newer one i dont like the old ones either;)

7. trifle

trifle Full Member

big cadence fan huh? get some comps hehehe...and more power to em...seriously if you're getting 2 e15k's you're not gonna want 60 watts running to some coaxes...well at least i wouldn't...

that sub setup would be way overpowering...not that you couldn't turn it down, but yeah...

the k's are rated for 300 rms but that's very very conservatively rated, ben was just tired of people with the first gen subs running them at double or triple their rated wattage and bitching when they had problems...so he basically made these to handle double or over that, but kept them rated at 300...he had 800 going to his K, and i think that was a first gen, these things are beasts...oh yeah you can get em dual 4 or dual 2...should be shipping near the beginning of september if all goes well

8. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

i really like cadence. good stuff for a good price. well, sandt has some coax and he loves them. so i think coax will be alright for me i can get a q3000 and give each speaker a good 100rms.

mike, what other cadence amps, z series, will give each sub 600 or so at either dual 2 or 4???

thanks for all the help guys, :)