Noob help please

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by HrlmWrld, May 1, 2011.

1. HrlmWrld

HrlmWrld New Member

I recently purchased a used 00 Chrysler Cirrus, but the factory system is sans CD with only AM/FM/Cass the speakers are horrible all and all I'd rather listen to the engine and wind noise.

I do not want to break the bank, but I need to upgrade to something listen-able. I have pretty much decided on a Kenwood X995 HU, but I am very much undecided about a 4 channel amp and two sets of front speakers. The doors are 6.5" with 3.5" clearance and the front dash location will accommodate 3.5" with 2" mounting depth. The factory amp is located under the front passenger seat.

The rear's have L/R 6x9's but I prefer to keep my sound in the front of me. I used to very active in the hobby, but I have been a way from it during the last 6 years or so. I just want something that is of great value, meaning cost small performance huge!

Thanks

2. dowsettmike2k

dowsettmike2k Member

Well the price will reflect the performance most of the time so near enough anything u upgrade will be better than stock stuff.

If ur asking which stuff to buy then only u can decide that. Best way is to go to a shop an try them out. U should have a better idea on what u want then.

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  3. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

If your looking to keep the budget low, dont even worry about an amp for the door speakers, just get the kenwood deck if that's the one you want, and grab a couple of decent 6.5's for the front and maybe replace the rears if youd like also, the deck should put out enough power to satisfy you for now!.