Noise!! Need help...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by mespock, Aug 9, 2006.

1. mespock

mespock Full Member

I need to filter my stereo in my 94 Lincoln Mark VIII... I put a Kenwood unit that I had into it and took out the Jensen that was in it when I purchased it.

It had some noise in it with the Jensen in and still with the Kenwood. Obviously it needs a filter somewhere or something. The noise is a turbo sounding whistle when accelerating.

So what do I need to do get stop the noise?

2. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

its a bad ground causing that or a bad speaker connection

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I hate noise. And diagnosing it from here is next to impossible.
    First cut the factory ground from your radio. Now run the ground wire from your Kenwood plug to the Kenwood chassis. From the chassis run a 12 gauge wire to Solid Metal on the car.

Is the noise still there?

Are you running an amp? Is the Kenwood running through the factory Ford amp?

4. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

absolutely.. that noise is most likely alternator "whine" - (interference).

neet to make sure that all ground wires are good (big 3 "ramos"), and be sure that your ground straps from the engine to the chassis are good as well. running a "straight" ground wire is a wonderful Idea.

let us know how this works out for you.

5. magnum340

magnum340 Full Member

or just go down to wallmart and buy a noise filter in the car audio department for about 12$ thats what i did after i tried all of the obove and the filter to my surprise worked great!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2006
  6. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

egh its still only a bandaid on the problem. spend the time to run through your connections and see where you went wrong 1st. it could be also that your wires are too close to a power source which is causing interfearance.

7. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

I have never seen a noise filter do a good job of filtering noise.

you, sir are one of the lucky ones. I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you.