No More Ac Delco Professional Platinum?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by superman, Apr 12, 2004.

1. superman

superman Guest

I went to the Chevy dealer nearby and aked them to get in an AC Delco Professional Platinum Battery. He called me back a couple of hours later and said that AC Delco no longer is making the Platinum line. I went onto AC Delco's website and the platinum battery is still on their site, but all of the links incorporated with it (features, comparisons etc.) were dead links. So what is going on here? The Chevy dealership was my last resort, I can't get one of these batteries anywhere. What have you guys heard?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

They are discontinued (I thought I mentioned that before :blush: ). However, according to my rep they will be relesing a better AGM battery soon. If you have a group size I may be able to find one for you. Shipping may be a bitch, but I will give it to you at my cost.

3. superman

superman Guest

Thanks for the great offer Sandt, I don't HAVE to get a battery right now, so I think that I will just wait. I do appreciate your willingness to help, It's great to have you on this forum. :)

4. Imready77

Imready77 Full Member

what is AC DElco's website

5. ASM

ASM Full Member

6. superman

superman Guest

Does anyone know who makes "Resolute" batteries. I have a friend that works at a Mills Fleet Farm near by that can get me a "Resolute" AGM battery for about $80. I can't find information on them anywhere.

7. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

My Die Hard Gold has been good to me.

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

My interstates keep breaking plates...

Of course, that might not be representative of the brand..
    The Civic battery is actually smaller than golf cart and wheelchair batteries. :(

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I Remember Seth stating that intersate Should not be Using in Cold Climtes for that Very Reason

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah, we discussed that not long ago on the phone. But Chris is stubborn... he got himself another Interstate :rolleyes: :p

11. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Yeah, well, I went there, I thought the battery was only a year old, thought I'd get a new one at least mostly covered under warranty...
    Turns out it was actually 2 years old, and I was there, and they tested the thing, and spent about an hour with me, so hey.
    I felt obligated.
    Damn conscience.