nhelp car stereo wont turn on

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by rigsboo, Nov 8, 2010.

1. rigsboo

rigsboo New Member

ok my radio was working but i installed another amp this 1 is a 4-channel and i have a scosche line out converter so i hooked it all up and neither one of the amps worked and on the remote start wire or somehing the one that went strait to the amp i splice another wire into it and put it on my other amp i was installing so then i was done i turned on my radio neither the amps was working so then i unspliced the 2 wires and plugged it back in the main amp i was using before then i realized the remote start wire wasnt even pluged into the radio so i spliced it into the blue wire in the back of the radio and the fuse blew so i replced it then put those remote start wires back on both amps and turned my car on and now my radio wont turn on no lights no nothing and i checked the fuse in the back of the radio and the ones in the amp

2. ericj

ericj Full Member

Wow, that was one long sentence. :D

First, check the fuse under your dash in the fuse panel that goes to your radio.

You probably also have a short somewhere, so it may be a good idea to first check your remote wire and make sure it's not grounding on the body somewhere.

3. 6.5ldiesel

6.5ldiesel Full Member

Ive done this before, it happened to be the HU shorted internally making it useless, it also popped the fuse and fried the Heat/AC control switches

This is worse case scenario, check all your connections on your harness, recheck the fuse in your radio, and in your dash, Radio, and Radio BATT fuses.

Are the amps turning on when the HU is not?