Newbie with a problem!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DeanDewey, Jun 2, 2011.

1. DeanDewey

DeanDewey New Member

Hey guys! just joined this forum. I'm Dean, and eager for some help! This place looked like a friendly and helpful forum.

I'm working on installing a Pioneer DEH-11e onto my 2005 Ford Van e350 V10.

Here's my story:

I removed the old radio, and got a new dash insert which worked great. Then I got a harness adapter at best buy, and i was told it would work great, i was even assisted by the guys there. They had to slightly bend a couple pins on the adapter and then it slid right into the factory plug. Then i spliced and wired the speaker wires to my head unit, and joined the ground cables together and grounded them. Everything seemed OK. Put the key in, and turned: no interior lights, no instrument lights, radio, or power windows. A/C, wipers, and headlights work find. Did a whole bunch of fuses blow all at once? What's up?

Thanks!

2. 302fox

302fox New Member

hey..i too am a noob lol... in my noob opinion, you might have ungrounded something... like if there was a wierd wire that just seemed to be attached to a metal surface and you forgot to re-attach it or knocked it loose...just my 2 cents im sure youll get other more educated responces

3. Promodmerc

Promodmerc Full Member

It's possible you blew a fuse. Several circuits are tied to one fuse. Do your taillights work? It used to be that the taillights were tied to the same circuit as the dash lights.

4. DeanDewey

DeanDewey New Member

figured it out! it was a little wiring issue in the cluster.