Newb here

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by diamondback2k9, Aug 24, 2009.

1. diamondback2k9

diamondback2k9 Full Member

I am getting 3 Kicker L5's 15s and I was looking at some amps and not sure what to really get. The ZX1500.1 or I coudl get the ZX 2500 for about $160 more. Not sure what would be best for this setup.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Are the L5's dual 4ohm or dual 2ohm subs?

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

are these d2 or d4 coils?

4. pedro quiroga

hahahahhaha beat me to it

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

hahaha. by prolly less than a minute.

6. diamondback2k9

Opps they are the 4ohm dual coil.

7. pedro quiroga

you can wire to .67 or 2.67 ohms. arent the kickers 2 ohm stable? those will work just fine then.

8. diamondback2k9

But one would is better for them. I don't want to over spend yet I want the most out of the subs.

9. pedro quiroga

to be honest..its up to you really. how much power do YOU want/need? is this for competition or daily?

how much can you spend on an amp? and whats the rms of the subs. im too lazy to look.

10. diamondback2k9

Its just for daily use. Money is no problem here so it doesn't really matter. I just want to match the best amp for the subs. they are 750 RMS

11. pedro quiroga

ok if money is not a prob get the bigger one, but know that you will need to upgrade your electrical system.

12. diamondback2k9

I rather not have to do that. I have an optium battery right now. Woudl I have to upgrade it if I got the smaller one?

13. pedro quiroga

do the big 3 then, and see what happens. 1500 watts with 3 massive subs will put a strain on your cars alt and battery. maybe adding a second batt in the rear can help too.

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

pedro is right. i have 2 12's and the big 3 and it puts a strain on my electrical. i think my alternator is 130amp alt too. so, you should add a 2nd battery IMO

15. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Dam, you guys just made me think of my electrical! I just remembered i needed another battery! thanks alot guys! lol

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

lol... reminded me too that i need a 2nd battery... grrrrrrrrrr. not a nice thought!

17. diamondback2k9

I have been scoping out these forums and I know Im going to get bashed for saying this but what in the wolrd is the big three?

18. pedro quiroga

its a simple electrical upgrade. i'll get you a link,

no one HERE will bash you. we dont play that game..:)

19. pedro quiroga

20. diamondback2k9

This looks pretty simple to do. I think I'm going to ordering a 70 feet spool of rockford fosgate wire. That should get the job done.